Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Perfect Marriage Date?

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 9:01 PM
Lets Watch The Walking Dead Episode 2 Together! - CafeMom

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:31 AM
  • 32 Replies

TIME.com has a new app that uses your Facebook friends' info to predict what your "target age" for getting married should be/was. http://techland.time.com/2014/02/10/facebook-marriage-date/ For a new story on The Stir, we're gathering real women's results and how they feel about 'em!

If you want to participate, let us know: What does the app say is your "target age?" What was the actual age you got married (or let us know if you're unmarried/divorced at whatever age)? And that said, how do you feel about your "target" result?

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:32 AM
The median age of your 34 married friends is 28.0 years old

That leaves you 3 years, 5 months and 11 days. But remember, half of your friends were married after that age!

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 9:01 PM
Lets Watch The Walking Dead Episode 2 Together! - CafeMom

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

by Head Admin on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I got the following results:

"The median age of your 52 married friends is 38.1 years old

Your target date was 2 months and 2 days ago. But remember, half of your friends were married after that age!"

However, I got married at 24, lol, well before my "target date," and we're still going strong. :)

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Median age is 36.9

But I married at 20
PrincessAsmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM

The median age of your 87 married friends is 41.7 years old.

Yeah ummm they didn't look very close cuz I know more than half married BEFORE that age! LOL

We got married when I was 28 and our wedding was 3 days after my 29th birthday. We've had our growing pains but 15 yrs later we're still very happy and in love.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM

LOL I say the perfect marriage date is ANYTIME before you have a  baby.    Because that shows the man actually and for real, CARES and LOVES you and his child.

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM
"The median age of your 29 married friends is 29.3 years old

That leaves you 1 month and 18 days. But remember, half of your friends were married after that age!"

I got married on my 21st birthday and have been happily married for 8 years.
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Mobile Photo

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:35 PM

The median age of my married friends is 29...but that's reflective of their current ages, not their wedding ages.

I was among the last of my peers to get married and I was 24.

Greenenvy
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Mine said 30.2. I was married at 20 though and seperated at 28, divorced at 29. I have no desire to get married anytime soon if ever again. The older I get the more I am learning that I am happier single.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:04 PM

can't tell. It requires you to sign into facebook???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)