Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Perfect Marriage Date?

Cafe Steph
Today at 11:11 AM
What are you doing this weekend? - CafeMom

I'm going to spend some time with my family this weekend, starting with Grandmother's funeral, then celebrating my

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:31 AM
  • 32 Replies

TIME.com has a new app that uses your Facebook friends' info to predict what your "target age" for getting married should be/was. http://techland.time.com/2014/02/10/facebook-marriage-date/ For a new story on The Stir, we're gathering real women's results and how they feel about 'em!

If you want to participate, let us know: What does the app say is your "target age?" What was the actual age you got married (or let us know if you're unmarried/divorced at whatever age)? And that said, how do you feel about your "target" result?

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:32 AM
The median age of your 34 married friends is 28.0 years old

That leaves you 3 years, 5 months and 11 days. But remember, half of your friends were married after that age!

Cafe Steph
Today at 11:11 AM
What are you doing this weekend? - CafeMom

I'm going to spend some time with my family this weekend, starting with Grandmother's funeral, then celebrating my

by Head Admin on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I got the following results:

"The median age of your 52 married friends is 38.1 years old

Your target date was 2 months and 2 days ago. But remember, half of your friends were married after that age!"

However, I got married at 24, lol, well before my "target date," and we're still going strong. :)

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Median age is 36.9

But I married at 20
PrincessAsmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM

The median age of your 87 married friends is 41.7 years old.

Yeah ummm they didn't look very close cuz I know more than half married BEFORE that age! LOL

We got married when I was 28 and our wedding was 3 days after my 29th birthday. We've had our growing pains but 15 yrs later we're still very happy and in love.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM

LOL I say the perfect marriage date is ANYTIME before you have a  baby.    Because that shows the man actually and for real, CARES and LOVES you and his child.

Blooming_Lotus
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM
"The median age of your 29 married friends is 29.3 years old

That leaves you 1 month and 18 days. But remember, half of your friends were married after that age!"

I got married on my 21st birthday and have been happily married for 8 years.
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Mobile Photo

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:35 PM

The median age of my married friends is 29...but that's reflective of their current ages, not their wedding ages.

I was among the last of my peers to get married and I was 24.

Greenenvy
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Mine said 30.2. I was married at 20 though and seperated at 28, divorced at 29. I have no desire to get married anytime soon if ever again. The older I get the more I am learning that I am happier single.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:04 PM

can't tell. It requires you to sign into facebook???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured