Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do clothing manufacturers think every kid has a weight issue?!?!?!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM
  • 114 Replies
I swear clothing manufacturers think all kids are obese. Finding pants that even come close to fitting Ds is next to impossible! Even a slim has to be cinched in all the way with an adjustable waist. I swear it's like they think even the slim kids are fat. Ds is going to be 6. He weighs 40lbs and is 47 inches tall. He wears a 6/7 shirt (he's very broad in the shoulders) and a 6 slim in pants for length but even with the adjustable waist they are still falling off and he's having to hike them up all the time. And don't even get me started on shoes. I wish I could find narrows but no of course not. Everything is wide or average. Even in a size 1.

Really no point to this post I'm just frustrated by my shopping efforts failing.
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM

LOL....my almost 10 year old is the same size as your kiddo(well A LITTLE bigger)...it is HORRIBLE to try to find him clothes.

CrimsonGrace
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I always have the most luck at Old Navy finding jeans, both my kids are slim. They have jeans with the adjustable waist, and actually hold much better than expensive brands, from my experience.
MythrylHavoc
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I feel your pain!

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 5:59 PM
I have a skinny kid too. All of her "slim fit" pants are gigantic on her.
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM
I cannot find pants that fit my DD. They don't exist. I have to modify everything I buy. She wears a size 2-3T pants in length, but needs a 12-18 month waist. *sigh* she will be 2 in late May.
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Middle DD can now fit into size 00 junior petites and I have ever been so excited to go shopping for clothes with her. 

We have had luck with old navy straight leg in slim prior to her growth spurt. 

cxoxo
by Savannahsmommy on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I have such a hard time finding jeans that fit my DD right. If they fit in length they're way too big on her waist, if they fit her waist they are way too short. 

AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Oh my. Is your kid small or mine big lol. I know he doesn't weigh much but does seem taller than most kids his age.

Quoting SuperPickle:

LOL....my almost 10 year old is the same size as your kiddo(well A LITTLE bigger)...it is HORRIBLE to try to find him clothes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Same issue for my girls old navy has always worked out the best for them when it comes to pants
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Thank you!! Finding pants for my son is awful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)