Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really, saleswoman? Just sell us the damn bra.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:31 PM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I took my 9 year old DD bra shopping for her first bras - mostly sports bras with a couple of camisoles and training bras. DD is on the smaller side and the saleswoman who was supposed to be helping us first asked, "How old is she?" 

"Uh, 9," I replied. Then, she goes on to tell me that I have no business buying a 9 year old a bra because she is too young and is flat-chested anyway, so what does she need a bra for. Um, excuse me, but I can get whatever I want for MY child, and shouldn't have to put up with crap from a saleswoman who is sticking her nose into other people's business. I told her that her opinion didn't matter to me and if my daughter wanted a bra, then she'd be getting one. Then, I just walked away from her and told DD to pick out whichever ones she wanted. We asked a different saleswoman for help in which size fit best, etc. and then reported the crappy saleswoman to the manager.

Some people just need to keep their noses in their own damn business and not worry about other people!! Ugh! I tried to have a nice day with my DD getting her a first bra, but nope. Some bitch has to go get involved in our business. Oh, well. She didn't change my mind for one second.

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:37 PM
6 moms liked this

You should have grabbed a bra off of the rack and wrapped it around her throat and said....NOW sell me a bra or choke...twat waffle!!!!!..... LMAOOOOOOO

Mammacra
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That's terrible what a horrible first experience for your daughter! With different hormones used in things these days I have noticed a lot of girls are developed at an early age. I had kind of wished one of my sons friends parents were more attentive. At the schools spaghetti dinner last night my sons friend who's a girl came up to talk to him. She was kinda on the chunky side had a belly & developing breasts. She was wearing a white long sleeve shirt & you could see her nipples. My son is 7 soon to be 8 in 2nd grade. I think this little girl really needed a second layer wether it be cami or sports bra!
PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess she didn't want the commission. 

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I would've been annoyed by that.  I had boobs at nine - I also got my period at 9.

jsjammerz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed. Too young or not, it's your choice and your daughter's choice. Honestly, my 7 year old has Camis because some of the shirts that she has are a little too loose, or low cut for my liking. It's not like we're getting our daughters thongs and push up bras lol

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Where did you go?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That was pretty rude of her. 9 is a pretty common age to get bra

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Where was this? I bet it was Walmart
cheermom2girls
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Macy's. I was surprised because I always have a great experience there. That's where I went to get my now 12 year old DD her first bras. She got her first ones at 9 too; no one made a fuss then.

Quoting buttercup627: Where did you go?

cheermom2girls
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:42 PM

No, Macy's. Surprising because we've never encountered this sort of problem there before.

Quoting AliKatAK47: Where was this? I bet it was Walmart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)