Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you do this in the store, you are an a-hole.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 692 Replies
14 moms liked this

This is about WIC.

Okay, this has happened to me TWICE now in the last 13 days.

First....

I was in line getting my WIC and I get all the baby's WIC for the month at one time, so that is like 7 WIC coupons - formula, cereal and baby food. Yes, it takes a while. I know this. But if you get in line behind someone who OBVIOUSLY getting WIC, you have the option of going to a different line. So if you stay and wait, keep your trap shut.

This guy and his wife were behind me. They were in their late 40s and he looked like a big fat redneck. He apparently got tired of waiting and started tapping his foot and acting impatient. I hear him mumbling something to his wife but couldn't make out what he said. He continues to tap his foot and sigh loudly, making it obvious that he is irritated. Then he mumbles to the wife again and she says something back to him. He goes "I'm not mad... it just burns my ass!" At this point I realize he has a problem with WIC and is probably bitching about "his tax dollars" or whatever bullshit you anti-PA people say.

Finally, my transaction is complete and I loudly sighed and said "Oh, thank God I'm done. Now I can finally get out of this man's way!" And as I walked away I said "Asshole" loud enough for him to hear.

Second time it happened was today. I was at Walmart getting my WIC. This time I had 3 WIC coupons I was getting. Behind me there was a some ghetto looking skank with nappy hair who looked like she hadn't done anything with it in a month. And behind her was an older man (mid-60's).

Again, this person seems obviously impatient. Tapping her foot, sighing and groaning loudly to make it clear she was aggravated. Then she says she needs to go grab something she forgot and the cashier told her to go ahead, there was time. So she goes and gets the item and comes back and seems irritated that I'm still there and my transaction is not done yet. She makes some comment to the man behind her and he replies "Yeah, it hasn't moved much," followed by a nervous laugh. She continued to act impatient until I was done and I was grabbing the last of my stuff I said "Jesus Christ!" (which I NEVER say but I was really mad). And walked away pissed off.

Yes, I am on WIC. If you don't like it and you don't want to wait in line behind me forever, GO TO A DIFFERENT FUCKING LINE. How is it okay to stand there acting like an asshole and complaining loud enough for the person to hear you and make them feel uncomfortable?! That is fucking ridiculous. The whole time I felt embarrassed and I couldn't wait to get out of there... both times. Totally uncalled for.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:25 PM
48 moms liked this

I really wish they had WIC only stores and you people could just go there. So much easier for you, me, and the cashiers.

JuneCleaver256
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:26 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd grin real big and politely tell them there are other lines...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Why do the transactions take so long?(just curious)
stargaze281
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Yeah, that really sucks. MAybe just ignore them, pretend you heard nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM
4 moms liked this
I've never seen anyone using wic or food stamps so I have no idea what that even looks like lol. But if I didn't want to wait, I'd just move to another line. People are so stupid to stay in line and wait when they can easily move to the other one. Its laziness.
aurorabear
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM
72 moms liked this

I don't judge people, Regardless of what you are using to pay for food, or how often you wash your hair, how red neck you look, and so on. I am sorry you deal with that, but how are you any different? Did you read your post?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM
19 moms liked this
Maybe you should be more considerate to the people stuck behind you and not get so many at once. Three isn't bad and I'd wager your cashier was slow... but 7 is going to insight some aggrevation I mean seriously.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM
4 moms liked this
Sorry you went through that. Some people have no class. Just an idea, try killing them with kindness, it tends to work better in your favor. Don't let others dictate how you feel. They act that way to get a rise out of you, don't let them win.
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Some people are just assholes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I hate people who talk on there phone I line - shut the fuck up !!! That's all
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN