Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Go figure.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
We are blanketed in a foot of snow. I had to work today. I'm a waitress at a pizza shop that is a block from my house. I get to work kinda bummed, knowing we weren't going to be busy at all. With all the snow, it was a given that there would be no business. I went in at 11. Got some work done, and twiddled my thumbs til 1:00. I got a call from a woman asking if we were open. About 10 minutes pass and people just started streaming in. We were the ONLY restaurant in town that opened besides McDonalds and BK today. Everyone else closed. The stores weren't even open. Our small town closed shop for the day. Turns out everyone went to the park for sledding. Where else to go to get warm and feed hungry snow sopped kids than the pizzeria?!?! And they just kept coming. No sooner would I get a group seated with menus and drinks another table was coming in or the phone was ringing with a pick up order. My manager was scheduled to work nightshift and I ended up staying 3 hours over my shift to help her. We were slammed. It was crazy. I handled it as the only waitress all day and made $86 in tips within 4 hours time. Which totally rocked. I usually make $40 on a good day, $25 on a typical day. That place was NUTS.
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Awesome!

Now I want pizza
DEJavu17
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:32 PM
I'm sick of pizza

Quoting ivegotrhythm: Awesome!

Now I want pizza

ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:33 PM
I'll bet you are!

Quoting DEJavu17: I'm sick of pizza

Now I want pizza

DEJavu17
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:35 PM
I usually get to bring home extra pies. Needless to say I have a ton of pizza in my freezer. Plus I get a free meal while I'm working. I usually get a sub or Stromboli or something. And curly fries. But everyone in my house is tired of pizza lol

Quoting ivegotrhythm: I'll bet you are!

Now I want pizza

ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM
My ex used to help his buddy out who owned a pizza shop so we got free pizza all the time.

Greek, Hawaiian, meat lovers - there was no way to fix pizza that I wasn't completely sick of it!

But that was years ago and I'm over it!

Quoting DEJavu17: I usually get to bring home extra pies. Needless to say I have a ton of pizza in my freezer. Plus I get a free meal while I'm working. I usually get a sub or Stromboli or something. And curly fries. But everyone in my house is tired of pizza lol

Quoting ivegotrhythm: I'll bet you are!

Now I want pizza

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)