Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F**K YOU MIL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
A little back story first:
Almost 2 years ago DH and I got pregnant with our first baby after trying for 3 years. We decided that if the baby was a boy we would name him Justin Nicolas (our dad's names) and if it was a girl we'd name her Stephanie Margaret (our moms names). When I was 15 weeks I had a miscarriage due to chromosome issues. Our baby was a girl, so we named her Stephanie Margaret and buried her in a family plot.

Flash forward to now and I am 7 months pregnant with our second baby also a girl. We have been trying to find a good name for her so we've been asking about family names so we can see if there is one we like.

Well tonight at dinner FIL was telling us his grandmother's first and middle names when MIL interrupted and said "I just don't understand why you are looking for a new name when Stephanie Margaret is such a good choice."

Before DH or I could say anything FI told her "Margaret, they already have a baby with that name. It just isn't right to use it twice."

I kid you not, she said "that baby didn't even live, so it doesn't count. I want a real living baby to be named after me."

All hell broke loose then and DH and FIL and MIL were yelling and I grabbed my purse and walked to the car, sobbing my heart out.

She has never been like this before! I always thought we were close, but this was just so hurtful, I'm not sure I can talk to her for a while.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Bump
kameronsmommy08
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Wow. I hope she feels awful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:15 AM
I hope she does too. She really hurt my feelings, since we've had long heart to hearts about me missing the baby and being heartbroken that she didn't make it.

Quoting kameronsmommy08: Wow. I hope she feels awful.
mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I am so sorry she did that to you. I am also sorry for your loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Thank you. The doctor says that happens sometimes with first babies.

Quoting mom2acutiepie: I am so sorry she did that to you. I am also sorry for your loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Is it bad that I see her point?  Her delivery should have been better, for sure though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM
I'm sorry she said this! Maybe it would help to write a letter to her or email and tell her how you feel and you're going to need a little time because you're very hurt.
JustMeKat
by Kat on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Qzx
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this
'I want a real living baby to be named after me'? I can't fathom someone being that incredibly selfish. Sorry she's acting that way, maybe once she thinks about it she'll realize she was out of line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Oh wow. I'm sorry love. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)