Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM is mad at me because her kids look like me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My df has red hair, I have red hair, and his twin daughters have red hair. Their mother has dark brown hair.

We've been up and down with BM. When df and I first got together I was allowed around the kids then I wasn't and now I am. BM, df, and I have actually been on great terms lately. Whenever the kids are over here i post pictures on Facebook, mainly for BM and df's mom. Well recently people have been commenting on how the twins look like me or saying they are my little "mini me's". I never really paid the comments much attention, I've corrected people but sometimes I just let it go. Well today BM comments on a picture where someone called one of the girls my mini me. She says "she's actually a mini ME because I'M her MOM. Don't get it confused ;)"

I just replied back with "that's right :)"

Well then a few minutes later df gets a text from BM saying this:

"Tell Brittany to stop posting pictures of my daughters on Facebook. I know she's only doing it so everyone will think their hers and yall have the perfect little family"

?!?!

Those were NOT my intentions...i just thought it would be nice to show off what they are doing while here because I know she doesn't like having to send her toddlers off.

I just wish she would calm down and relax sometimes lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:26 AM

That is odd that no blood relation and they look similar to you but we have had that happen in our family as well.  I think she is feeling very defensive about having the darker hair and the children could possibly have darker hair as they grow older.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM
My two have been out with me and their bio dad and said aw a man, taken on someone elses kids. Then out with me and their sd and get comments like awww how nice to see a real family still together. My kids have blonde hair blue eyes my mini mes. Bd red hair brown eyes. Dh has black hair wolf eyes. Kids look like neither really. But they do look like me. r
cwahtomy
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Some people don't think my boys are even related. Some think my boys have different fathers. Some think my youngest is my mothers child. Let people think and say what they want, you're doing good by correcting them IMO.
JackieGirl007
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:03 AM

Interesting. I can't relate to biomom because I've never been there, but I'm not sure I'd want anyone posting pics of my kids on Facebook? Idk.

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:08 AM
I can understand where she is coming from, in her mind it may seem like you're doing it for attention or to make her jealous. Of course, she's probably insecure. I would calmly and casually tell her WHY you posted the pics-for her. Make sure its not w big to-do, just a casual after thought, lol. Maybe even ask if she's like you to send her text?
SaratheN
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:11 AM
I wouldn't post other people's kids' pictures on Facebook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:13 AM

She probably just got her feelings hurt. There have been times people constantly said my daughter looked like my SO's older sister and it got really annoying, but mostly because MIL got my daughter to call her mom instead of me. So I felt like she was trying to claim my daughter as hers and that hurt me. It hurts when you feel like someone else is trying to be your child's mother. Maybe she just felt that way and regardless if you said "that's right" she could still feel threatened. I think you should just give her time to calm down then maybe bring it up another time. Until then respect her wishes or you will make her feel more threatened.

lulalacroix
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I would not be friends with her on facebook.  That's just asking for trouble.

.PinkHart.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:38 AM
Everyone thinks my kids are Dh's. They look a lot like him. I don't really give a damn if that upsets their BD.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)