Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice please? Divorce question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Tomorrow is my FIRST divorce hearing. I was just declined legal aid today...will I be able to ask for an extension to seek legal aid. He is asking for Full Primary custody and child support. He can't prove me an unfit mother but because he had the hearing set for 2 wks after I.was discharged from hospital I'm afraid I don't know what to expect. He has a lawyer (which he sold some of the stuff in the house to get)should I be worried? Please help.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Sorry legal counsel....on mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:26 AM

No clue but good luck.  Why were you declined?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:28 AM
They only have 3 lawyers and their case load is to high they serve 12 counties in my state
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:29 AM

I have no clue but just explain the situation to the Judge

Your STBX is a POS and you will probably be better off without him. Do you have a place to live now???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Yes we have our own apt and yes he is a POS considering he.physically abused our daughters and lied at the PO hearing
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:48 AM
Bump
M.I.H
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:57 AM
I dont know where you live but there are attorneys that will take payments or do pro bono considering all attorneys have to do so many hours community service. The judge should grant you some time since you just got out of the hospital. If you have paperwork stating you just got out of the hospital I would bring it with you. If you have allot of questions consult with an atttorney or a court advocate. Sorry couldnt be more helpful allot of things depend on your location.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:59 AM
What were you in hospital for?
corpswife523
by Krystal on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:09 AM
Can you prove this to the judge yourself?

Quoting Anonymous: Yes we have our own apt and yes he is a POS considering he.physically abused our daughters and lied at the PO hearing
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Quoting corpswife523: Can you prove this to the judge yourself?

Quoting Anonymous: Yes we have our own apt and yes he is a POS considering he.physically abused our daughters and lied at the PO hearing

The physical abuse to the girls no I was at work but I requested a CASA worker and I.was granted an extension. I already had CPS to the apt by my request to.check out the apt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)