Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentines day gifts?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

What did you get your SO? Did you buy something for your kids?

i normally buy something small for the kids, candy they like, or a new shirt. We celebrate Valentines day as a day for love, which is not restricted to romantic love. 

My 12yo already got hers- she did Build A Bear and made a Thin Mint Girl Scout bear. She loves it- we did that last night. 

My 15yo son is getting new guitar strings and picks, he just bought a used guitar from a friend (his first- can't wait...lol), but we can't go to the shop till Saturday. He asked for it specifically, but I will also grab him a big bag of skittles, they are his favorite. 

My 17yo DD was with us at BAB, and wanted that over anything else, so she made a bear as well. 

For DH, I bought him Enders Game on Blu Ray, and as a silly gift, I made him a bear, and dressed it up as Yoda. Gave it to him when we got home last night- he loved it, and now wants a Darth Vader. And lastly, his real gift- I sent him to Stub Hub and told him to pick a  Pistons game he wanted to go to, and we found decent seats at a low price. He won't officially get that until we go to the game in mid March, but since it's Michigan, and we live almost 2 hours from the Palace, I would prefer March. A few years ago, we went to one a few days before Valentines Day. Go a horrendous storm during the game. It took almost 5 hours of stressful driving o get home. Never again!

so what did you get your family?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Valentines Day is not a family holiday unless you're having romantic relationships with your kids. Creepy.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:38 AM

Mobile Photo

I got DH a book of boudoir pics. (in the pic)

we got the kids candies, new socks, teddies, heart erasers etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM

I am making each kid chocolate dipped strawberries in their fave color, and heart shaped pizza for dinner tomorrow, and they are both getting a small stuffed animal. 

My SO and I can't do anything this weekend, because we have company in town. So tonight I made his fave dinner, and next weekend we are going to go out to dinner. We usually exchange small, silly gifts for V-day. Nothing too big, or expensive. I'm making him a gift basket. 

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Got him a card.

ETA.

Later, he will get boudoir pictures/ survivor pictures of me. Of my surgery scars and all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:41 AM
My girls got a heart shaped box of chocolate. Hubby got motley crue/alice cooper tickets from me and chocolate from the girls.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
lol that's just silly. Maybe to you and in your family it's creepy..but it's not like that to everyone.. I guess all the classes at DD's school are filled with creepy kids since they are all celebrating v-day at school tomorrow.
my kids are my little sweethearts. they deserve a present too. they obviously get kid friendly fun gifts while my husband gets the romantic ones...it's not hard to separate the two. lol

Quoting Anonymous: Valentines Day is not a family holiday unless you're having romantic relationships with your kids. Creepy.
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:45 AM
I sent him a text that said happy valentines day. Ha. Our anniversary is next month so I am going to try and buy him something on amazon.in.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Dh got me a lap top and I got him clothes, candy and iPhone case that you plug into the wall to charge your phone.
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:49 AM

I got him a new bit for his drill. He got me a phone, the roseanne box set and a dvd player. He said he has something special for tomorrow. I think he found a candy striped rose.

mandylynn88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:22 AM
I got my dd a stuffed animal, a onsie, a new sippy cup, and new binkies, and I got my df 3 new games for his Xbox as well as a new controller, and a new pair if shoes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)