Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son hits me ..

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM
  • 20 Replies
LITERALLY with toys, or his hands. is this a phase??!?!? He will start throwing tantrums if he doesn't get his way. I won't let him beat on the walls, eat wires, hell crawl off the damn bed. If I tell him its not nice, he hits harder or throws a toy. Who knew a 7month could pack a hit?! I was told to pop his hands but of course I dont think that's the way to go, although I have been tempted when he head butted me and busted my lip. This boy is dangerous. Were/Are your LOs hitting this early? And if so, how the hell did you get them to stop?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TygrrEyz
by Marie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:34 AM
Yes. He started throwing toys and hitting. We are still working on it and he is 2. I take away the toy and do a timeout but I don't know if that will work for one so young. Maybe taking the toy away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow, at first I was like "oh hell no, if hes not SNs, beat his ass" But then I saw hes only 7 months. Thats crazy! Ive never seen a 7 month old do something like that so I have no advice, sorry. Although I do remember when my middle one was about 1 a firm "No!" would work. Good Luck!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep its normal

Just hold his hands together and in a  stern voice tell him "NO Hitting". It will take a while and you have to be consistent with it every time he does it.

When he throws a toy, take the toy and put it up for a few days or so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:35 AM
It is a phase and you have two options. You can handle it gently and baby him and have it turn into a habit or you can be firm and stern and make sure he stops quickly. This is the point where you make your authority known. It hurts to have to discipline your baby, but if you don't you'll regret it in the long run. Good luck.
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:38 AM
I normally take the toys which leads him to the tantrum. growling and hitting lol while hitting he laughs. pretty sure timeouts won't work because he wont understand .

Quoting TygrrEyz: Yes. He started throwing toys and hitting. We are still working on it and he is 2. I take away the toy and do a timeout but I don't know if that will work for one so young. Maybe taking the toy away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:39 AM
lol no SN just a mean lil boy. OK not mean, just a hitter .drives me nuts.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh wow, at first I was like "oh hell no, if hes not SNs, beat his ass" But then I saw hes only 7 months. Thats crazy! Ive never seen a 7 month old do something like that so I have no advice, sorry. Although I do remember when my middle one was about 1 a firm "No!" would work. Good Luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TygrrEyz
by Marie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:40 AM
This may sound mean but when he throws the tantrum just walk away and ignore it. Timeouts definitely won't work at his age but maybe ignoring the tantrum will. I wish you luck. Hopefully it is just a phase.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: I normally take the toys which leads him to the tantrum. growling and hitting lol while hitting he laughs. pretty sure timeouts won't work because he wont understand .

Quoting TygrrEyz: Yes. He started throwing toys and hitting. We are still working on it and he is 2. I take away the toy and do a timeout but I don't know if that will work for one so young. Maybe taking the toy away.
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:41 AM
I have no idea why I didn't think to hold his hands together. I normally take the toys but probably cave in giving it back because its his "favorite" . (the main one he crawls too)

Quoting Sassy762:

Yep its normal

Just hold his hands together and in a  stern voice tell him "NO Hitting". It will take a while and you have to be consistent with it every time he does it.

When he throws a toy, take the toy and put it up for a few days or so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngylJen
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:41 AM

My 2 year old throws shit at me all the time.. i got whacked in the head with a danm block yesterday and before that I was cooking.. i moved my pot to the back when I was done stirring sicne I dont leave anything cooking on the front burners when the kidsa re around, and he threw something hard at me.. It scared me.. i kind of fell forward and caught myself on the front burner i was using at first... burnt my damn hand. :(

SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:42 AM
I'd rather break this habit . the hitting annoys the crap out of me . I dont want this to continue so thank you!!!

Quoting Anonymous: It is a phase and you have two options. You can handle it gently and baby him and have it turn into a habit or you can be firm and stern and make sure he stops quickly. This is the point where you make your authority known. It hurts to have to discipline your baby, but if you don't you'll regret it in the long run. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)