Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cruel boyfriend of mine

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

My b/f of 7 years has never gotten me a birthday gift, or a valentines day gift. I have hinted this year at a certain watch I wanted, and asked him to get it for me. My birthday was the 13th, and he walked in the door with nothing. I asked him if he was plannong on gettingm e anything and he ignored it. So I elt it go. Then he started pestering me.. begging me to go out to eat, which I did not want to as it was storming out and cold, wet and I am sick. After we eat, and walking back home, I want to go in the store to get cough drops and he's looking at V-day gifts telling me what he plans on buying- and saying maybe just maybe he was gonna get my b-day gift and v-day gift on the same day since today the weather was horrid.

I know I am not getting a thing for either days.. Why the heck would a man tease a female like that? It's fuccin cruel.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Because he is an ASS

Don't get him anything for his b-day or any other holidays.

i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:56 AM
Why would you put up with someone like that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this

You got that right

Quoting Sassy762:

Because he is an ASS

Don't get him anything for his b-day or any other holidays.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:59 AM

I'm asking myself the same question.

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst: Why would you put up with someone like that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:00 AM
3 moms liked this
Hhmmm...I've been married for 17 1/2 years. I got a birthday present the first year we were married and that was it. Never received Valentine's or anniversary gifts either. Am I the only woman who thinks/feels like it's no big deal?
ChewyBrownies
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Then don't put up with it ..

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm asking myself the same question.

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst: Why would you put up with someone like that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:01 AM

It wouldn't be if he didn't tease me about it

Quoting Anonymous: Hhmmm...I've been married for 17 1/2 years. I got a birthday present the first year we were married and that was it. Never received Valentine's or anniversary gifts either. Am I the only woman who thinks/feels like it's no big deal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh says he's going to get me something every year for anniversary/holidays/birthday...no big deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

It wouldn't be if he didn't tease me about it

Quoting Anonymous: Hhmmm...I've been married for 17 1/2 years. I got a birthday present the first year we were married and that was it. Never received Valentine's or anniversary gifts either. Am I the only woman who thinks/feels like it's no big deal?

GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:04 AM

I tell my DH every year, dont get me anything but a hug and kiss. Sometimes he does is anyway. I hate gift giving but he likes it. I think we have grown to expect the wrong kinds of gifts.

pistolpink
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:06 AM
The better question would be...if that isn't acceptable why the fuck would a woman put up with it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)