Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

State of Emergency!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
What a joke!
I just happen to run into this information while looking for school closing information on a local news website.
They are not even announcing it on the news.

Apparently we are under a state of emergency- ironically most schools are only under a 2 hour delay- many are not even doing that- business as usual.
We only got about 6 inches of snow- this is hardly a state of emergency, or a reason to close schools.
Very disappointed in NY right now. This is a normal NY winter- just bc we haven't had one in a couple of years- everyone has to freak out.
Not to mention its February- we should be use to it by now- we've been dealing with it for 4 months.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:54 AM

You want to see it here in England, 1cm of snow and we close down

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:55 AM
Why do people freak about the weather? I can understand a blizzard, hurricane or even tornado, but a little snow that's stupid. Then of course there will be like a million accidents cause people will forget how to drive. Mayhem
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:55 AM
Better safe than sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:56 AM
I get it- but 6 inches is nothing here!

Of course it is the Friday before winter break- so they will probably close- extended vacation.

Quoting uhhnogirl: Better safe than sorry.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Where I am in NY, we got a foot of snow, are under a state of emergency, most schools are closed, and I am about to go work in one of those closed schools.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Oh yes! I don't get it. We get snow- we knew it was coming- we are equity to handle it!

Quoting Anonymous: Why do people freak about the weather? I can understand a blizzard, hurricane or even tornado, but a little snow that's stupid. Then of course there will be like a million accidents cause people will forget how to drive. Mayhem
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:58 AM
Syracuse

Quoting Kaelaasmom: Where I am in NY, we got a foot of snow, are under a state of emergency, most schools are closed, and I am about to go work in one of those closed schools.
Mylilmonkey1120
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:58 AM
Psh. We've been under a couple now and we don't get anything.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:59 AM
I am north of Albany. By the sounds outside my window, it is a hot-ass mess out there. Can't wait to get on the road! Not!

Quoting Anonymous: Syracuse

Quoting Kaelaasmom: Where I am in NY, we got a foot of snow, are under a state of emergency, most schools are closed, and I am about to go work in one of those closed schools.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:59 AM
The only state of emergency I remember getting as a kid is when we literally got 5 feet in a matter of hours. That what crazy!

Quoting Mylilmonkey1120: Psh. We've been under a couple now and we don't get anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)