Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reasons you would or have aborted

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:29 AM
  • 48 Replies
I would abort if the child was so disabled their quality of life would be horrible.Like in a wheel chair non verbal just making sounds and blinking.or some defect where they would die super young and suffer all kinds of stuff on top of that.i may also abort if they could never take care of themselves and lead a somewhat normal life.i won't be around forever and I refuse to leave that burden on anyone else.Some people just can't handle having a special needs child and that's ok to.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Unless, the pregnancy was eptopic( Sp) ,Or put my heath in danger ( like was going to kill me) I would not abort. I am pro-life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Taysaks disease. But that's about it. Both my boys were tested by amnio just to make sure since I know I carry the gene.
ramalamasp
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:38 AM
I've aborted twice, once for Down syndrome, once when I got pregnant after being raped by my brother.
skittleshawk
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:39 AM
Bump
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I would abort if:

I couldn't afford to give the child a decent life.

The baby had any kind of birth defects or special needs.

Probably if I was raped.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:43 AM
I would only terminate a pregnancy that was going necrotic. At that point the baby is no longer alive. My aunt had that and it was awful.
tinybluemoon
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:43 AM

First time - my husband had just died, leaving me alone in a foreign country with a young child, and I had to move back to the US and sort out how to live, support and raise my daughter by myself and I couldn't do that satisfactorily while pregnant/with a baby.

Second time - I got pregnant while on two forms of long term birth control, and I have a child who is about to go through medical treatment that would mean I couldn't have contact with or care for him through while pregnant/breastfeeding. Had to choose what was more important.

There are no situations that I would 100% abort in. It depends on what's going on in my life at the time. For example, I gave birth to the baby I concived when I was raped at 17 and put it up for adoption, if I found myself that situation now I would abort, I can safely say that. But besides that, depends on what is going on in my life at the time.

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I am done, so anything concieved now would be aborted no questions asked. I do not have the right side of my girly parts anymore and had my tubes tied before that, so although not impossible, its also not unheard of getting pregnant again.

supergasper
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:44 AM

This, except I'm pro-choice.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Unless, the pregnancy was eptopic( Sp) ,Or put my heath in danger ( like was going to kill me) I would not abort. I am pro-life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Profound disability, rape, abusive situation. Young teen pregnancy. Emotional/financial turmoil/stress
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)