Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's Day is February 15

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:53 AM
  • 11 Replies

My goofy teen son didn't even realize Valentines was the 14th smdh and my other kids are young so I've decided we will celebrate it on the 15.  My dh is working over today and I'm hoping he will be off tomorrow. We bought the kids some small books and toys but haven't bought candy or a card.  So I'm thinking I will go tomorrow and get the reduced leftovers and save some money.  Call me cheap but we need to save every penny.  Just spent $500 on a car repair last week and it's still not running right.  Needs at least $1000 more in repairs.  Our other car the transmission is going out and engine is over heating.  Lots and lots of money there.  Don't worry my kids will have a great Valentines it just won't be on the 14th! :)

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:54 AM
Ok
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:55 AM

You do what you got to do. I really don't blame you about saving money and buying leftovers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:57 AM
O.o
Ok?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:00 AM
I got all my stuff yesterday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I honestly don't think anyone is worried that your kids won't have a good Valentine's Day.

Avajay2
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM

You're right Cafemom is known for being nonjudgmental :).  Happy Valentines my dear!

Quoting Anonymous:

I honestly don't think anyone is worried that your kids won't have a good Valentine's Day.

Avajay2
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:07 AM

We have had the main stuff since after Christmas just haven't done the candy part. My dh and I spent all day yesterday calling car repair places and parts stores that's our gift to each other.  Ahhh the romance.  

Quoting Anonymous: I got all my stuff yesterday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Lol. It doesn't have to be on the 14th.
My husband woke me up on the 13th singing good morning beautiful with a bouquet, chocolate, and coffee.
I had asked him to bring me home a chocolate bar the night before. It was an awesome surprise.
I've never really gotten anything for valentine's day before I met my husband.

Quoting Avajay2:

We have had the main stuff since after Christmas just haven't done the candy part. My dh and I spent all day yesterday calling car repair places and parts stores that's our gift to each other.  Ahhh the romance.  

Avajay2
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Your dh sounds awesome!

Quoting Anonymous: Lol. It doesn't have to be on the 14th.
My husband woke me up on the 13th singing good morning beautiful with a bouquet, chocolate, and coffee.
I had asked him to bring me home a chocolate bar the night before. It was an awesome surprise.
I've never really gotten anything for valentine's day before I met my husband.

Quoting Avajay2:

katiegirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:33 AM
That works! Today is my daughter's 11th Birthday so my SO and I are doing Valentine's tomorrow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)