Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i the only one...a v-day question.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM
  • 43 Replies
i dont buy ds a valentine gift. he is 5. to me it is a comercialized holiday. i tell him i love him all the time. at his prek they will hand out valentines and have a party. i bought him valentines to hand out but i didnt get him anything from me specifically. am i the only one who doesnt see the big deal in v-day?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Some people do , some don't.

Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM

We don't celebrate either...

This year, as kind of a gag, I bought a whole bunch of candy for DH and put it in his back pack. 

But that's it.

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM
No, a lot of people feel like you do.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:06 AM
I dont see the big deal but i made then a card while they were making their grandparents and aunts cards. And i got them each a small present.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:06 AM
I don't get my boys 15 & 10 anything either. They know how much I love them they don't need or want for anything. Just an over commercialization of a holiday.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:08 AM
We have 4 kids. We have never given them anything for valentines. When they were little we used it as a time to practice writing their name on valentines for kids in daycare. Then they did valentines for preschool/ school classmates. Now they do them for just their close friends. (They are 13,14,17,19). We have taught them that "true"valentines are for a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband.
brittc789
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:12 AM
I don't make a big deal out of it either. Df and i don't exchange gifts (even though he broke that this year and gave it to me 2 weeks ago). We do give our 2 girls small gifts though.
-42-
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I wait 'til the candy goes on clearance and buy it then, lol.
supergasper
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM

I don't get my kids or my dh a gift for v-day.  My kids think it's fun to give out cards, so I help them with all of that.  That's pretty much it.  Our anniversary is dh and my big romantic holiday since the date is more personal to us.  I'm fine with just one a year.  

12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:23 AM
I never did but ods drew a picture at school the other day of our family exchanging Valentines with a caption that said something like 'my family loves to give each other Valentines' and I felt bad not doing it after that so I bought cards and candies for everyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)