Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michael Dunn trial

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
If you know what I'm talking about do you think he'll walk? Do you think they'll find him guilty of a lesser charge? If you, like me, live in the area are you concerned about possible backlash? There are several groups who are apparently threatening riots if he is not convicted.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:41 AM

BUMP!

lasombrs
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:44 AM
I hope he gets found guilty but he will probably at least get lesser charges leaving the scene etc. I had a feeling stand your ground would become the defense for vey person in the state. It's good if used properly but seems more like a reason to kill every person you don't like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:50 AM
Quoting lasombrs: I hope he gets found guilty but he will probably at least get lesser charges leaving the scene etc. I had a feeling stand your ground would become the defense for vey person in the state. It's good if used properly but seems more like a reason to kill every person you don't like.
I am concerned as a gun owner that because of all these stand your ground cases it's going to become harder and harder for people who legitimately were defending themselves and their homes to not end up being charged as criminals. The last thing anybody should have to worry about when defending their life is if they're going to end up going to jail for it. Now I wasn't there so I don't know whether he was really threatened or not or if he really did have reason to fear for his life but because there are just so many these cases popping up it's starting to worry me.
lasombrs
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM
I think the law should definetly stand for in your own home/ property. It's these gas stations and movie theater issues that I think it shouldn't really apply. I don't know if the security footage is available for public viewing. That would help me decide better. I don't think all gun owners are bad, but I think some shot first think later like this case and the movies

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting lasombrs: I hope he gets found guilty but he will probably at least get lesser charges leaving the scene etc. I had a feeling stand your ground would become the defense for vey person in the state. It's good if used properly but seems more like a reason to kill every person you don't like.

I am concerned as a gun owner that because of all these stand your ground cases it's going to become harder and harder for people who legitimately were defending themselves and their homes to not end up being charged as criminals. The last thing anybody should have to worry about when defending their life is if they're going to end up going to jail for it. Now I wasn't there so I don't know whether he was really threatened or not or if he really did have reason to fear for his life but because there are just so many these cases popping up it's starting to worry me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Quoting lasombrs: I think the law should definetly stand for in your own home/ property. It's these gas stations and movie theater issues that I think it shouldn't really apply. I don't know if the security footage is available for public viewing. That would help me decide better. I don't think all gun owners are bad, but I think some shot first think later like this case and the movies

Quoting Anonymous:

If evertthing happened exactly as he said they did I don't blame him. If I'm being threu I'm not going to wait till the other person start shooting at me and possibly kills me before I can even get my gun Im gonna shoot first. But I just don't know that things happened exactly as he said. I don't know if this is what happened but I know that in our area there are a lot of guys in their late teens and early 20's who drive around acting tough and shouting at people out of their windows and just basically trying to intimidate people for no reason. And again I don't know if this is what was happening in this case but someone who does that should expect that eventually somebody is going to stand up to them and put them in their place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Quoting lasombrs: I think the law should definetly stand for in your own home/ property. It's these gas stations and movie theater issues that I think it shouldn't really apply. I don't know if the security footage is available for public viewing. That would help me decide better. I don't think all gun owners are bad, but I think some shot first think later like this case and the movies

Quoting Anonymous:

If evertthing happened exactly as he said they did I don't blame him. If I'm being threu I'm not going to wait till the other person start shooting at me and possibly kills me before I can even get my gun Im gonna shoot first. But I just don't know that things happened exactly as he said. I don't know if this is what happened but I know that in our area there are a lot of guys in their late teens and early 20's who drive around acting tough and shouting at people out of their windows and just basically trying to intimidate people for no reason. And again I don't know if this is what was happening in this case but someone who does that should expect that eventually somebody is going to stand up to them and put them in their place.
TerraIncognita
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM
This wasnt a stand your ground case.
lasombrs
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I hear ya. That's why I'd love to see the tapes. It's his word against the others and someone has to be lying.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)