Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter and her husband are going to be homeless and I dont even feel bad for them

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 136 Replies
6 moms liked this

They want to move in with me but I told them hell no. 

My DD just turned 18 (last month) she started college in august and decided to live in the dorms. We paid for her room and board, and part of tuition (she go scholarships to cover most of her tuition)

Okay well all of a sudden 2 days ago she calls me up saying she got married. Last week she was telling me she was single. I guess she met a guy that was helping her study for class and it was "love at first sight" so they went to get married. They knew each other less than 2 days. 

Well now that she is married and they HAVE to live together she cant live in the dorms. They cant even live in the family dorms  because 1. she cant afford to and 2. they are full. They cant afford their own place. 

She wants both of them to come live with me. I told her no. She should have stayed in the dorms. They dont HAVE to live together. She made her decision and it is up to her to figure it out.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

*takes a seat*

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Well....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:51 AM
4 moms liked this
I say understandable.
I would not want no stranger my home.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Wow!! If I pulled a stunt like that my mom's head would have exploded! And my dad would have been arrested for murder!
First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:52 AM
14 moms liked this
Well, then she's not homeless. It'sher CHOICE to not live at her paid for residence.
MizzSuzy
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow your daughter should of thought of that before she got married. Sorry mama...she wants to be married they needs to figure out what to do.
reche1978
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

huh well even though I do agree with you this is tough I dont know if I could do it but what she did was very stupid...good luck....

catmommy22759
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:53 AM
5 moms liked this

I completely agree with you.  She should just live in the dorm.  Sure they are married, but when you get married young you can't always have everything you want.  Good for you for letting her learn on her own and not enabling this behavior.  I'm sure it must be tough though for you so here is a hug.  

Verrine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this

On the plus side, she is eligible for a LOT more financial aid and you no longer have to provide your information. Let's hope she doesn't get pregnant, too.

Quoting Anonymous:

They knew each other less than 2 days. 

Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Sucks for her.  But my guess is that they will work it out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)