Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax question!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

So we filed on the 31st, our taxes were accepted the same day.  They are still processing. We used Turbotax. We know others who did their taxes last Monday and got their return last Friday! My sister also did her taxes the same day as us, accepted the same day, and she got her return on Tuesday. 

Any ideas why it is taking longer?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Maybe you have a tax offset debt. Call (800) 304-3107. If you have to pay state taxes, you have to contact your Department of Taxation for your particular state.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:31 AM

The IRS is just like any other corporation. They may be understaffed, your case may be assigned to a slacker, there may be somethings that they are verfying in their databases. No 2 cases are the exact same. Be patient.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I called, no debts for either of us. (: Thank you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you have a tax offset debt. Call (800) 304-3107. If you have to pay state taxes, you have to contact your Department of Taxation for your particular state.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I guess I am just used to getting them back very quickly. lol. Out of all the years we have filed, we usually get it sooner then this. We do not need the money, its not that much anyways. It just made me nervous. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

The IRS is just like any other corporation. They may be understaffed, your case may be assigned to a slacker, there may be somethings that they are verfying in their databases. No 2 cases are the exact same. Be patient.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Did you track your return on turbo tax? I filed mine on 2/7 and it says I will get my return on 2/28.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:15 AM

They are guessing by the 21st. However, I do not find the liable. 

Quoting Anonymous: Did you track your return on turbo tax? I filed mine on 2/7 and it says I will get my return on 2/28.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Because you're watching the clock.  3 weeks is their window.

Rangelmommy
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:30 AM
We used turbo tax filed the 6th it was accepted same day. And it said we should get it the 13th however that didn't happen ad they so have 21 days to complete. Sign in to turbo tax and check the status it will also tell you how many people who used turbo tax and filed the same day you did received their taxes. In my case 0 people have.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)