Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I refuse to put my children in daycare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
4 moms liked this
Simply because I love spending time with them. I work graveyard shift just to be home during the day. My youngest is 3 and despite my mom's opinion she stays home with me. She can't understand why I keep my 3 year old at home. They used to be in daycare and after school care. I used to be happy they were gone for 12 hours a day. They would come home at 6 pm and be in bed by 7 pm. No more. The time I spend with them is invaluable. I think it's great for parents to get a day off, and sometimes you have to have them in daycare. I get that. For me I felt if I looked forward to them being gone, that made me a shitty mom. No matter how tired I am,I make time for them. Children should be a blessing not a curse.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilith23
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Wait.... Graveyard? Who cares about day care! So any ghost stories?
TheMommaJessie
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this

i agree there is a time and a place for daycare. if you have ways to be able to work and still be a stay at home mom that is great. I am a stay at home mom of a 3 year old and 16 month old. love them to pieces.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what my mom did too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Cool story. You sound insecure about your relationship with them, though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Graveyard shift..sorry no cool stories.Lol

Quoting Lilith23: Wait.... Graveyard? Who cares about day care! So any ghost stories?
BethanyMel
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Umm graveyard shift just means night shift...not an actual graveyard. 

Quoting Lilith23: Wait.... Graveyard? Who cares about day care! So any ghost stories?

randi1978

When do you sleep?

I mean, it's great you found a schedule that works for you, but I couldn't do it because I'd need some damned sleep.

victoriangavin
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:18 AM
I think she meant graveyard shift.... not in an actual graveyard

Chels3

Lol "Ghost Stories" <3

Anyways. That's nice. My LO was in daycare for about 6 months. :)
I quit and I'm home with her now. DH has been able to cover bills now.
That's really great. That you can finally stay home. I love being with my little girl!
I'll be home with her until she's 2. After that She'll go to Daycare where her half brother went.
Mostly because his Grandmother works there. and it's amazing. And I can pick her up anytime I want :) ANd she still gets to spend time with other children, and learn.  

BethanyMel

I'm a SAHM and I enjoy being with them every day too. :)

Quoting Anonymous: Simply because I love spending time with them. I work graveyard shift just to be home during the day. My youngest is 3 and despite my mom's opinion she stays home with me. She can't understand why I keep my 3 year old at home. They used to be in daycare and after school care. I used to be happy they were gone for 12 hours a day. They would come home at 6 pm and be in bed by 7 pm. No more. The time I spend with them is invaluable. I think it's great for parents to get a day off, and sometimes you have to have them in daycare. I get that. For me I felt if I looked forward to them being gone, that made me a shitty mom. No matter how tired I am,I make time for them. Children should be a blessing not a curse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)