Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My horrible valentines day!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
DH got home from work a little after midnight last night. I was still up doing some work. I gave him his gift which was a small box of chocolates and a card. DH looked at me all guilty and said "I'm sorry but I didn't get you anything" I replied with "that's fine. I don't want anything" and to be completely honest I do not want anything. DH and I show each other that we love and appreciate each other daily. We do not need a holiday to show our love to each other. I just happened to see a box of his favorite chocolates and picked them up. So that is my horrible valentines day story. I'm happily married to my best friend, he didn't get me anything and I am not upset. I'm blessed to have all I have.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Love this post!  I'm the same way.  We never do the gift thing  Our gift today is taking our girls to Disney On Ice tonight! :)  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Whatever, you know you'd shit yourself if he sent your flowers or something.  "I dont need anything, we show our love everyday..."  Thats just something people say to make up for the fact their SO is a thoughtless man who cant go get a simple card or box of chocolates. 

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I didn't get anything either, but it is only 6am. We don't give each other gifts per se, but I am making him Linguini with steamer clams tonight and some homemade brownies. He loves it an I am happy to make it for him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:48 PM
If he got me something I will be grateful and love it no matter what it is. I won't be surprised if I get something from him later today. He sends me flowers at least once a month and brings me home little gifts often. Which is the main reason I don't care if I get nothing today. My husband is thoughtful all year long. I understand him not spending $100 on a bouquet if roses when he can get the same type of bouquet next week for $40.

Quoting Anonymous:

Whatever, you know you'd shit yourself if he sent your flowers or something.  "I dont need anything, we show our love everyday..."  Thats just something people say to make up for the fact their SO is a thoughtless man who cant go get a simple card or box of chocolates. 

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I was totally suprised to get roses yesterday they came packed in a box and fed ex delivered them lol! The best part was the card was signed "I love you" and then his first and last name like I was going to be confused ex actually who sent them lol!! We don't usually buy gifts for holidays we try to spend the money in doing something together but it was a nice suprise.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)