Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think if the government was made to pay unpaid child support? FOR THOSE NOT UNDERSTANDING THE NCP WOULD OWE THE STATE THE MONEY THEY PAID OUT.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

Poll

Question: Should the goverment pay unpaid child support?

Options:

yes

yes only in hopes they will start cracking down on dead beat dads since they will be losing money

no

for a limited time yes (what would the time limit be in your mind?)

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

they would start cracking down on it harder? Do you think this should happen to get the gears in motion of making the father/mother pay for their children?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM
11 moms liked this

They already do. It's called welfare.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Idk, maybe if the states had to pay they would. They do a decent job in our state.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this

No. There would be more single women getting pregnant. Free ride? They'll take it.

katherinemcp
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM
They already take things like tax returns, etc, if dads are in arrears...

so I'm a little busy and have gotten quoted a few times so I just wanted to say, I know its never a perfect solution and I'm sorry some people have huge issues with not receiving support. But you dont have to quote me to tell me its not going well. I was simply stating that in many cases, things are taken already by the feds, which is what OP was saying. (: have a nice day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:04 AM

um not everyone gets welfare and if you work you don't get it. . You can also only get it for a VERY short time. There are mothers who are JUST outside the income limit to get food stamps, TANIF or any other help.

Quoting Anonymous:

They already do. It's called welfare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this

many dads work under the table so that cant happen.

Quoting katherinemcp: They already take things like tax returns, etc, if dads are in arrears...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM

My state sucks. My ex owes over 20K and my son is only 8. He left when DS was 8 months. 

Quoting bleumonster: Idk, maybe if the states had to pay they would. They do a decent job in our state.

TheSilence
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Yep and men would start to be more careful about impregnating someone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:08 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:08 AM

In a perfect world that would happen.   My DD's father has been in arrears for the past 15 years.   I have never seen a penny of his tax returns.   They don't suspend his license.   They don't haul him off to jail.   Hell there's NO reprocussion to him whatsoever for not paying.   Domestic Relations is a joke.   When he took off and fled the state, they told me "Not our problem, you need to track him down" how the hell was I supposed to do that, raise my daughter, work 2 jobs to support her (So I wasn't on welfare, wic, and all the other programs people are so quick to  judge single mother's for being on).   I'll find the time, energy and resources to track his sorry ass down... I wouldn't be in the Domestic Relations office asking for child support if I could do all that!   So he got to skate on a solid 3 years of not paying a penny because *I* couldn't track him down, they still didn't touch his tax return.  And never have, probably never will.

ETA... I forgot he is punished... for the THOUSANDS of dollars he owes, he has to pay $25 per month extra on top of the court order he rarely even pays.   The system is broken.   Oh and *I* have to pay domestic relations a yearly fee for their "services".

Quoting katherinemcp: They already take things like tax returns, etc, if dads are in arrears...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)