Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vday posts.

Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I get so irritated with "did your husband give you...." or "my husband left me with out a gift on v day" posts.

Did you ever think of the fact that you have someone to love and someone to love you back is gift enough? I have been married for 6 years. Never once have we celebrated vday. Why? Because we make it a point to show each other how much we love each other all through the year and not just one day a year. 

Do I need expensive meals or jewelry to show me how much my husband loves me? No. I can see it when he looks at me. I can see it in the way that he takes care of me. 

Anyone can buy someone a rock and fake the love that is supposed to go along with it. Tonight I will sit across from my husband at the dinner table. We are probably going to have a breakfast dinner because its one of the kids favorite meals. We will sit there and laugh and talk as a family. No gifts will be exchanged. Probably no cards either. But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that when I look across that table at him.... that he loves me and that I love him and that I will spend the rest of my life (God willing) with him. 

If hes not home for dinner or tonight because work keeps him out (hes a regional truck driver) then I will still know that he loves me because he is out providing for our family. Will I get butt hurt because he is not home on a "love" holiday? no. 

I think that women take this "holiday" wayyy to seriously. If you have to have a holiday to know that someone loves you then sad enough to say that they probably don't love you. If they only give you attention on ONE DAY A YEAR then there is a problem. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)