Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should dead beat parents be jailed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

Poll

Question: Read bellow. Good idea?

Options:

yes

no

I like the basic idea but it needs refinement

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

I think they should create a jail that runs a groecery store/resturant/fast food joint or other such thing that ONLY dread beat parents work at (guards would be there so no one runs). They get paid at minimum wage and a certain % goes to back child support. They are made to work there untill back child support is caught up. They also must pay rent to this jail. They need to cover their own cost for food and bills. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:22 AM
We live in America. You can't force anyone to work. Even the lazy. Nice pipe dream though!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Actualy you can. Chain gang anyone?

Quoting Anonymous: We live in America. You can't force anyone to work. Even the lazy. Nice pipe dream though!!

SaratheN
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:23 AM
No. Paying child support shouldn't be a crime. It's a civil matter, not criminal.
tinybluemoon
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:24 AM

You mean a WW2 style labor camp?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this

When you don't pay that is (to me) neglect. If a CP did not pay for food or clothes they go to jail. It should be the same for a NCP. 

Quoting SaratheN: No. Paying child support shouldn't be a crime. It's a civil matter, not criminal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM
3 moms liked this
No but i think they should be sterilized so they can't make anymore children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Running a store is not hard labor. They would be doing normal work like a normal person just under supervision.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

You mean a WW2 style labor camp?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

No. And why on earth would anyone want to even go to a restaurant whose employees are all deadbeats? If they put no effort into the care of their children they certainly would put no effort into cooking and serving food that we EAT. No thank you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Only if they are not working. If they have a job then their wages should be garnished until their debt to their child is paid off. If they quit working they should be jailed and forced to do hard labor. If the state is going to have to pay they should get something out of it. 

SaratheN
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Lol. There's real neglect going on in households. It has nothing to do with money.

Quoting Anonymous:

When you don't pay that is (to me) neglect. If a CP did not pay for food or clothes they go to jail. It should be the same for a NCP. 

Quoting SaratheN: No. Paying child support shouldn't be a crime. It's a civil matter, not criminal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)