Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This doesn't sound right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I bought a glucometer to regulate my sugar levels since I have been experiencing signs of diabetes. Well last night I had a level 104. Just to be sure I took it again and dropped to 99. Fine it was normal. Well woke up and did it again my levels were still 99. To me that just doesn't sound right
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM
First off, a glucometer won't regulate your blood sugars. It will only monitor them.

Secondly, when are you checking your sugar? Randomly? A fasting sugar in the morning and then a sugar check 1-2 hours after your first bite of a meal is usually recommended.

Thirdly, are you discussing your concerns with your doctor or just self-diagnosing? The numbers you have posted are normal blood sugars. What symptoms make you think you could be diabetic?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM
I checked two hrs after eating. Went to sleep and woke up and did it again. I have been expercing frequent thirst, cold feet, shivering, my piss smells really sweet, nausea, always tired, there are days where I can eat nonstop, the list can go on and on

Quoting Anonymous: First off, a glucometer won't regulate your blood sugars. It will only monitor them.

Secondly, when are you checking your sugar? Randomly? A fasting sugar in the morning and then a sugar check 1-2 hours after your first bite of a meal is usually recommended.

Thirdly, are you discussing your concerns with your doctor or just self-diagnosing? The numbers you have posted are normal blood sugars. What symptoms make you think you could be diabetic?
blondieinva80
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM
As a diabetic,your bloodsugar levels are fine. Have you talked to a actual doctor about your symptoms?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM
I am looking for a primary dr.

Quoting blondieinva80: As a diabetic,your bloodsugar levels are fine. Have you talked to a actual doctor about your symptoms?
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Both numbers are fine - I'm failing to see your concern?

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Get your thyroid checked too.  Most of your symptoms can be attributed to thyroid dysfunction.  The sweet smelling urine can be ketones in the urine caused by a low carb diet or low blood sugar (aka hypoglycemia).  The shivering (or shakes) and uncontrollable  hunger is a low blood sugar symptom.   Have you checked your blood sugar when you are experiencing these symptoms?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)