Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying to think on the bright side

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Yesterday was parent teacher conferences. Ds is doing really good. His level for reading before was 8 (not grade level)... but it's at 20 now. It needs to be at 24 for him to be acceptable for third grade.

At the first parent teacher conference, there was talk about holding him back. Now they are saying he might have to go to summer school. I know he progressed and we still have 3.5 months left of school to keep working at it... but I'm gonna be so heartbroken if he does have to go.

I'm trying to focus on the progress he made and knowing that he's able to keep progressing... but it's like a dark cloud over top of me
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Why would you be upset if he had to do summer school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Bc it's summer. He deserves a break after working so hard. I'm already getting him a tutor, but it's a tutor as well as summer school.

And I feel like all the hard work he has made doesn't mean anything. I know it does, and I am proud of him... but it's just not enough.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I understand how you feel but most summer schools are not all day all summer. Just be happy he can get the extra help.

Quoting Anonymous: Bc it's summer. He deserves a break after working so hard. I'm already getting him a tutor, but it's a tutor as well as summer school.

And I feel like all the hard work he has made doesn't mean anything. I know it does, and I am proud of him... but it's just not enough.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)