Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do they not send kids home anymore??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

My daughter is in Pre-k and this morning one of the parents was dropping her kid off in class and she was long omg all of the sudden and starts checking her kids head along with the teacher. The teacher is asking if she has older siblings. All of us other parents all freeze and know its probably the dreaded head lice..Well they stopped looking and then didnt say anything. We have no idea if they say lice or not... If they did, would they send her home or no??? Also if they did see it, shouldnt they have told  us?? My daughter has very long hair so im totally stressing... We spray her hair with hairspray everyday though, I heard that deters them.. Is that true?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Weak.
julie515
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Lice will not kill your kid. Check her head when she gets home. If she has lice, soak her hair in olive oil for a few hours. Then rinse with vinegar. I had to when I got lice from school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

They don't always send them home. They could have determined she had dry scalp.  I am sure your precious snowflake will be fine.lol

Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:03 AM
No they won't send you home. They may say someone has it but not who.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Here the child gets sent home and parents get notified. You can also add tea tree oil to some shampoo once or twice a week and it will help keep them away!
KnittinMama
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Our school sends them home with instruction sheets and info and where to find the shampoo stuff, how much it is and blah blah blah. Not sure if they still do the random roundup of checking the whole school like they did when I was a kid or not, though.

Never heard the hairspray thing, but its super easy to get rid of.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I Dunno. I use tea tree oil shampoo on my kids and it's worked pretty good so far.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM

They won't send them home, there's no reason to.  It's just head lice!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM

They only send them home here if they actually see live lice otherwise if there are only nits no they don't. Start using Tea Tree oil in all shampoos and rinse with vinegar and get a Robi Comb I think it's called off of Amazon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

They don't always send them home. They could have determined she had dry scalp.  I am sure your precious snowflake will be fine.lol

No need to be condescending. My daughter has been very sick lately and having breathing problems, this is the last thing she needs. Shes very sensitive with stuff like this and I don't want her to have to deal with anything else

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)