Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate this holiday and dont celebrate it fully.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
I will get my kids something. I will get SO a little something but still think this is stupid pointlessness holiday. Maybe its because I have been burned so many times I just cant stand it any more. Maybe its because when I worked in the floral business I was witness to so many ungreatful women. They were not happy with their arrangements because it didn't have this or that, or was half dozen instead of a dozen. It became very frustrating. It'S pointless. So is this post.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
It's sad to see people become jaded over a day of the week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:19 AM

I understand.  I was always on the sidelines watching every other woman get huge things they didn't appreciate.  My DH doesn't really care for holidays and has only ever gotten me anything since our oldest got old enough to ask dad why he wasn't getting anything for mom.  This year he actually got the kids and I a present, some candy for them and a small plushy animal for me and it was nice.  I can totally see the whole argument of why do something special just for one basically made up holiday.  But I do it for them because I just think it's fun.  My kids love getting a small thing and it's nice to have DH think of us since he works a lot and is hardly ever here. 

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Honeslty I understand. It's become a hallmark holiday anyways. . .and yes, i DO know that it's not really a hallmark holiday but it's becoming that.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I dislike the materialistic part of the holiday. I don't understand why some women can't, for some reason, be happy with a simple token of his love. No, it MUST be expensive jewelry or roses. 

Just a little something about REAL romance:

Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Yea I do something for the kids I know they enjoy it. Him and I were going to just have some us time but that got messed up real fast.

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand.  I was always on the sidelines watching every other woman get huge things they didn't appreciate.  My DH doesn't really care for holidays and has only ever gotten me anything since our oldest got old enough to ask dad why he wasn't getting anything for mom.  This year he actually got the kids and I a present, some candy for them and a small plushy animal for me and it was nice.  I can totally see the whole argument of why do something special just for one basically made up holiday.  But I do it for them because I just think it's fun.  My kids love getting a small thing and it's nice to have DH think of us since he works a lot and is hardly ever here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM
It definitely has been one for awhile now.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Honeslty I understand. It's become a hallmark holiday anyways. . .and yes, i DO know that it's not really a hallmark holiday but it's becoming that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I love this

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

I dislike the materialistic part of the holiday. I don't understand why some women can't, for some reason, be happy with a simple token of his love. No, it MUST be expensive jewelry or roses. 

Photo

kiko2mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I hate it cause it's my grandparents anniversary. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Awe im sorry.

Quoting kiko2mommy: I hate it cause it's my grandparents anniversary. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss them.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

That has to be the best thing I have ever read on here, too bad 99.9% of the moms on here don't believe it, they think love is proven by how much the man spends on them.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)