Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone please help me! Edit!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I'm going to attempt to make a friend of mine a diaper cake for her baby shower Sunday.
For the LIFE of me, I cannot figure out how to work Pintrest... I keep clicking on the pictures of diaper cakes to try and get the step by step instructions but it sends me to other websites...
Anyone know at least how I get started? I bought a box of 100 ct size one diapers, wash cloths, bibs, bottles, lotions etc...bought some raffia to wrap the diapers together...
HELP!

EDIT: I'll post pictures of the unsigned product below :-) it took quite a while, 136 diapers and four tiers. I added lotions, baby oil, shampoo, wash cloths, butt paste, a bib, etc... I think I did okay.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM
The other sites have the instructions
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:37 AM
ALL the ones I've been redirected to are to purchase the diaper cakes that have pictures on pintrest...

Quoting Anonymous: The other sites have the instructions
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Type in homade diaper cakes

Quoting Anonymous: ALL the ones I've been redirected to are to purchase the diaper cakes that have pictures on pintrest...

Quoting Anonymous: The other sites have the instructions
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:39 AM
I've seen people do them but never from the start and I didn't pay much attention lol. Don't look on Pinterest, try just googling it.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:41 AM
There are instructions on baby. about. com
Fulgent.Drinker
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Fulgent.Drinker
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Things You'll Need

• 62 Newborn size diapers (either disposable or cloth)
  • 10 yards satin ribbon (1-inch wide)
  • 10 yards satin ribbon (1/4-inch wide)
  • 62 rubber bands
  • 6 large rubber bands
  • 1 8-oz. and 1 4-oz. baby bottle
  • Cake platter
  • Cake decorations
  • Small baby toys and items

Instructions

1. Make the Bottom Tier

Roll up 38 diapers very tightly. If you are using cloth diapers, fold the diapers into thirds and then roll tightly starting at one short end until the diaper is rolled. If you are using disposable diapers, start rolling at one short end and roll until the diaper is tightly rolled. Secure the diapers with rubber bands to hold them tight. Set aside 20 diapers for step 4.

Place the 8-oz. bottle in the center of the cake platter. Surround the baby bottle with 6 diapers and place a large rubber band around everything.

Surround the secured diapers with 12 more diapers and place another large rubber band around everything.

Cut 20 10-inch lengths of the 1/4-inch wide ribbon and tie a length of ribbon around each rolled diaper set aside in step 1. Tie the ribbons into bows.

Surround the secured diapers with these 20 diapers in the same fashion, making sure that the bows of the ribbons are facing out.

Measure a length of the 1-inch wide ribbon that is long enough to wrap around the entire first tier of diapers and add 6 additional inches for tying. Tie this ribbon around the first tier of diapers into a pretty bow.

Make the Middle Tier

Roll up 18 diapers very tightly. Secure the diapers with rubber bands to hold them tight.

Place 6 diapers on top of the first tier around the baby bottle that is extending up from the center of the first tier. Place a large rubber band around these diapers.

Cut 12 10-inch lengths of the 1/4-inch wide ribbon and tie a length of ribbon around the 12 remaining diapers. Tie the ribbons into bows.

Surround the secured diapers with these 12 diapers and place another large rubber band around everything.

Measure a length of the 1-inch wide ribbon that is long enough to wrap around the entire middle tier of diapers and add 6 additional inches for tying. Tie this ribbon around the second tier of diapers into a pretty bow.

Make the Top Tier

Place the 4-oz. bottle in the center of the middle tier (on top of the 8-oz. bottle).

Roll up 6 diapers very tightly. Secure the diapers with rubber bands to hold them tight.

Place these diapers around the 4-oz. bottle and tie another piece of 1-inch wide ribbon around this top tier, tying it in a pretty bow.

Add floral cake decorations and small baby items like pacifiers, toys, rattles and other small items to the cake as decorations.

Make a loopy bow from the 1-inch wide ribbon and place it on the top of the cake with ribbon tails cascading down the sides of the cake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Thanks guys!!!!
I'm starting to roll up the diapers now...should take....forever, lol.
But I'm sick right now, it's better than doing nothing all day :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Mobile Photo

The front
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)