Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were you a

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM
  • 48 Replies
Were you a child of divorce?

Are you in a relationship
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM
yes, my mother paraded four step dad's through our lives, the longest was for 7 years. dh and I have been together for 13 years and married for 9. this is my second and final marriage, if something were to happen to him or us I would not get involved again.
lanceandhailey
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Yes

Yes, married 12 years now.

staci1103
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM

No but I should have been. My parents have a terrible marriage IMO 

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Yes and yes. I have been married for 16 years this year.

AZHOTMOM
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Yup.

Married 16 years this year.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM

No. I'm the child of a mother who doesn't remember (or at least claims so) who she made me with.

I'm engaged, getting married later this year.

An0nym0use
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM
No, but my parents had (and continue to have) a terrible relationship and it messed up my views of how a healthy relationship should be. All my siblings have been divorced multiple times except one, who has been with the same person on and off for years. I'm the only one still with my oldest child's biological parent (other than that other sibling with the on and off relationship). I honestly think a divorce would probably have been better for us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Yep.  My paren't divorced when I was 4 and my mom married my stepdad when I was 9 (been married almost 30 years!)  I'm very happy that I lived with them.  My father was married three more times, because he couldn't stop cheating, and his last wife died last year.    My father was not in my life, and I am grateful for that now.  OH, and I have been married for 13 years to a wonderful man I met when we were 14.

sillytroll
by Teehee on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Yes and yes. My parent's were married for 25-26yrs then divorced. I have been w/Dh for 18yrs married 15yrs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM

yes and no to the first question. My parents divorced when I was a baby so I never saw the divorce drama. I never knew them together. I had the same step father and step mother my whole childhood. 

I am married now. We have been together for almost 13 years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)