Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was your boy hard to potty train?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:13 AM
  • 34 Replies
I've potty trained 3 girls all done by the age of 3 or younger. My son is 24 months and we attempted potty training when he was about 20 months because he knows when he's going and seemed interested. He decided that he hates sitting on the potty. We have a small one and a seat for the big toilet. He hates them both.

He is now to the point where his cloth diapers aren't fitting so well anymore and I refuse to buy pull up or bigger diapers. Monday he is going into underwear and waterproof covers. I want him to be happy to sit on the potty. What are some tricks you used with your boy? How long did it take for him to learn? Did any of you just switch straight to underwear? How did that go?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:15 AM

nope. my DS was potty trained before he turned 2. and hasnt even wore a pull up/diaper to bed since that time as well. 

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Did you use the 3 day method or anything similar?

Quoting Mom-to-2kids:

nope. my DS was potty trained before he turned 2. and hasnt even wore a pull up/diaper to bed since that time as well. 

Kermitthemom23
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM
No.
He was speach delayed but fully trained by 26mo.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM

My son wasn't but my daughter was. 

I used a reward system with my son. it really helped him.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM

nope, he just hated being wet, so i stopped diapers and he peed his pants a few times and that was that.

Quoting norahsmommy: Did you use the 3 day method or anything similar?

Quoting Mom-to-2kids:

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Yes. He's still difficult. He's 3 1/2
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:17 AM
It was when I tried to push it before he was ready. So I gave him a few more months and once he was, it took a couple of days and he never had an accident day or night.
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I'm hoping this will work with ds. I figured if he'd get tired of being wet and drippy and eventually start using the toilet.

Quoting Mom-to-2kids:

nope, he just hated being wet, so i stopped diapers and he peed his pants a few times and that was that.

Quoting norahsmommy: Did you use the 3 day method or anything similar?

Quoting Mom-to-2kids:

Pnukey
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM

My son trained in about a week, but he was 3 when we started. We went straight to undies, no pull ups. He is now 8. Aim is still an issue, but I have it on good authority that that is always an issue. hahahaha

DD took forever to train. FOR-EV-ER.

wintermoon111
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:22 AM
yes he didnt do it until he was four but I would read him a small book while he sat and it was a book about going to the potty!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)