Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arrangements After Childbirth **Edit to add another question**

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM
  • 97 Replies

Another post got me thinking... 

After you gave birth, were you stuck in the same room you delivered in, or were you moved into a family suite to recooperate for a day or two? 

The birthing center I had my ds in was amazing.  As soon as they were able to, they moved my baby, df, and me into a family suite, complete with a king sized bed and a whirlpool bath.  We ended up staying for an extra day for observation, so thank goodness they had moved us into the comfy room!

ETA:  Another question - were you allowed/encouraged to keep the baby in the room with you at all times?  

At my birthing center, I was encouraged to have my ds in the room with me as long as I wanted him to be there.  He was only taken to the nursery for routine checkups and the like.  It was great!

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilLadyLadybug
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM

BUMP!

LilLadyLadybug
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM

The hospital I delivered our first two children had rooms like that.  However, if you end up witha c-section you end up with a more medical type of environment. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM

they moved us to a family suite which was okay, but typical hospital-y; but then the hospital has since remodelled and the rooms are freaking amazing now.

LilLadyLadybug
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Aw, man, that kind of sucks, but I can understand the necessity.

Quoting Anonymous:

The hospital I delivered our first two children had rooms like that.  However, if you end up witha c-section you end up with a more medical type of environment. 

LilLadyLadybug
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Lol, isn't that how it always works, though?  As soon as you leave they end up doing something to the facility to make it amazing!!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

they moved us to a family suite which was okay, but typical hospital-y; but then the hospital has since remodelled and the rooms are freaking amazing now.

YesYesOhGodYes
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

The birthing center where I had both children have a labor and delivery wing and then they moved you to the Mother/Baby suite.  The Mother/Baby wing had bigger rooms and more accommodations for dad to spend the night.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm due in May so I'll get to experience the new digs! Yippee! Huge TV's with cable and free wi-fi. SWEET!

Quoting LilLadyLadybug:

Lol, isn't that how it always works, though?  As soon as you leave they end up doing something to the facility to make it amazing!!

AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM

No, I had severe preeclampsia, so they had me stay in the nice big labor room for the 4 nights I was there. DD was in the NICU just down the hall.

LilLadyLadybug
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Congrats, and good luck!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I'm due in May so I'll get to experience the new digs! Yippee! Huge TV's with cable and free wi-fi. SWEET!

Quoting LilLadyLadybug:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)