Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wont date him cuz he's deaf

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I met a really nice guy on a dating site but I will not date him because he's deaf and I don't feel like learning sign language... Even though I used to be into sign language & it used to be a hobby of mine. And also because he is 8 years older than me and I feel like it really shows that he is 8 years older than me. Does this make me a horrible bitch? Please be honest
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:46 PM
No. The object of dating is to find someone to spend your life with. If you don't want to spend your life with a deaf person, its best not to date one.
Mom-does-hair
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:46 PM
No, but most dead people can read lips. I had a friend who was deaf. Was so weird talking on the phone. This was before texting.
My bf is 8 years older, well, 71/2. I don't think that is a big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:46 PM
I have dated guys 8 years older than me before but it was when I was younger and they were younger and I don't think the difference showed so much
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
You're a horrible bitchy troll :)

Happy v day.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:48 PM

i'm certain language barriers have kept more than one relationship from happening

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Eh probably your loss anyway. Youre entitled to whatever standards you have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Why are you even talking to him then if you don't like that he's older than you and deaf? Really?! That's just fucking stupid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM
He says that he can lip read really well but I still know that signing is better but I don't feel like putting in the effort to learn. I know it makes me a b**** and everyone tries to say don't feel bad about it but I do

Quoting Mom-does-hair: No, but most dead people can read lips. I had a friend who was deaf. Was so weird talking on the phone. This was before texting.

My bf is 8 years older, well, 71/2. I don't think that is a big deal.
wise.toes
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM

why would it? you're not compatible. it happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Because overall he is a nice guy and was also really persistent trying to message me and stuff

Quoting Anonymous: Why are you even talking to him then if you don't like that he's older than you and deaf? Really?! That's just fucking stupid
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)