Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you regret the name you gave baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

Mobile Photo

Our youngest is 3 weeks old and we ha a name picked out since 36 weeks that we loved. Well now that she is here and named in not so sure it fits. It's her name now and we aren't going to change it but it's going to take a while to warm back up to the name. It doesn't help that my family doesn't like it. There was only one other name we liked but my family really wanted us to use it and my mom made up this super annoying song about it and sang it every time I came to her house. She said she would sing it every time we came over so we nixed the name. However now I think that name would have suited her better.

So does she look like a Penelope or an Alice?

Edit: her name is Penelope. So far people have been calling her penny, and Nelly for short. My dad calls her Penny Rose ( her middle name).

I do regret not giving her Alice as a middle name at least because it's my aunts name and I really like her. But I was in love with Rose as a middle name. I'm sure I will warm back up to the name. It took me a while to warm up to my other kids names but I can't imagine them with any other names.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherMQ
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Only my own babies are who I felt like I could look at them and see them as that name. I personally like the name Penelope more than Alice.  Also, my first is the one where I didn't regret it, but I had to warm up to it too. I picked her name, Cadence early on and my husband had another choice, so we shuffled through names and I started liking another, then BAM! He wanted Cadence now. Lol I had gotten myself used to another name. She was Cadence ( even though the family all hated it, 8 yrs later they loved it). Family also hated my second daughter's name, Savannah. And they are all convinced our youngest, Logan, is named after the airport(we live in MA). People will always have something to say. Go with what you like. Also, I have had friends who legally changed their newborn babies names before they even realized it. ;) 

Heather - Mom to Cadence (7), Savannah (5), and Logan (1)

AshlynnJadesMom
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM
My husband wanted to name our daughter Penelope so bad. I said no because I didn't care for it. I do think I like it better than Alice though.
jesssanate
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Mobile Photo

My daughter is Sia Lynn, the name fits her perfect.

Your DD looks like an Alice, but only you know what truly fits her :)
firespurity
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Maybe she's a Penny?
ashtie
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Nope i love both their names chloe and selah
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:04 PM
She could look like a Penelope. I like that better than Alice. I absolutely love my dd's name. It fits her perfectly.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I think she looks more like a Penelope.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I love Selah!! Gorgeous!

Quoting ashtie: Nope i love both their names chloe and selah
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:09 PM

nope

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I love my DS's name. I had it picked out since I was a teenager, lol!

I think your DD, looks like a Penny!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)