Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Because we have been married a long time you ask what i want???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I really wish for once my husband of 18 years would surprise me with something on valentines or for thaT matter my birthday, or anniversary.. He text me from work today so what would like for valentines? What really im so simple a damn box of chocolates is good.. I feel like its his way of not having get anything....  I get jelous with others hubbies atleast thought of them... so upset?? Would you rather your man ask you what you want and he get it ( purse, spa, idk) i dont i want to be surprised....

Thanks HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! 

Enjoy your surprises...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:53 PM

20 years here and I have to tell him. 

Fulgent.Drinker
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Hm, I'd be damn thankful if he was just still alive, to sit beside me, wake me up with his horrible snoring at night and yes, even to ask me what I'd like for VD, but.....

Yeah, say "Thank you, I'd love some chocolates Sweetheart. Oh and in case I haven't said it enough, I love you."........because you never know, next VD he might be gone.

beethann
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I would rather my DH ask me. Otherwise I would probably end up with some useless thing I will not use. I'm not a fan of flowers, I think it's a waste of money. I usually don't make a big fuss about valentines day or anniversaries though because my DH provides me with everything I need throughout the year. 

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to surprise you.
littlelamb303
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM

we are married 21 yrs today and I have always had to tell him what I wanted.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM
I like surprises.. But i don't get upset when he asks.
Sometimes, if he asks,i tell him "i don't know, surprise me"..lol
He surprises me a lot tho..i guess if he NEVER did, and ALWAYS asked about every little gift, i might feel different.
Besides, you might know what you are getting, ie: chocolates, but you don't know how many, which brand, which flavor/type... So there is still a little element of surprise there ;)
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Mine doesn't do well with this area. But he did buy me my favorite Lindt candies.

Be thankful you have a loving husband who is there.

I have accepted that much. Not everyone can say that
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I am off the phone now(my phone rang just as I was responding and it was my son).

A lot of men don't pay attention to certain things. They don't understand just because a woman has 30 pairs of sexy panties, she would not be bored by a new pair. They don't understand that though we tell them ,"Don't surprise me with dinner guests", it does not mean they can't surprise us with a candle light dinner. They fail to see that  the roses that "served no purpose because they just died"  live on in our hearts. 

Your husband is normal. Surprise him a few times and one of those times, mention that you would like to be surprised from time to time....my husband is a smart ass. He would say,"Surprise! The electric bill is 100 dollars higher this month!"

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Quoting Fulgent.Drinker:

Hm, I'd be damn thankful if he was just still alive, to sit beside me, wake me up with his horrible snoring at night and yes, even to ask me what I'd like for VD, but.....

Yeah, say "Thank you, I'd love some chocolates Sweetheart. Oh and in case I haven't said it enough, I love you."........because you never know, next VD he might be gone.

Yeah, somewhere in this world, some woman is sitting at her husband's bedside. She does not know it is valentine's day because her mind is wrapped up in the love of her life taking his last breath.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

AshlynnJadesMom
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM
My husband usually doesnt get me anything
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)