Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O on proposal post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Ladies with the terrible proposals. Not every guy is going to go all out and have a fairtale proposal. But yours were just awful!!! Did your mother not hug you when you were little? Do you not have any girlfriends to go to for advice? Why would you be so desperate to get married that a man could propose with profanities or yelling or throwing the ring, that you would say yes? There are plenty of fish in the sea so to speak. You don't have to settle for the first guy that wants to get married! You are unique and amazing and there is a guy out there who will see that and appreciate you and love you for who you are. Don't degrade yourself, love yourself.

hugs

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM
We don't know their relationshi, so I can't judge

But I made sure to find a man that will love to propose to me in a nice romantic way

But if they are happy, who cares!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:06 PM

If they are in a healthy relationship and being treated with love and respect then I'm happy for them. But a few of them sounded really sad. I hope their relationships got better. Everyone deserves to be happy.

Quoting sfigu16: We don't know their relationshi, so I can't judge

But I made sure to find a man that will love to propose to me in a nice romantic way

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Bahahaha!!! My ex husband (whom fathered my child) asked me to marry him as we drove past a court house one day lol!! It went like this:

Him: "Hey, you wanna get married?"

Me: "Meh, Sure"

Got married that day in the courthouse.

Made it 4 more years (we were together 2 before we married) Then he cheated, stuff went south, and I left. I'm in the process of the divorce to this day!!  

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:10 PM
I haven't read them

Women here seem to take shit fork. Their husbands not all but from What I read , it seems that way

Quoting Anonymous:

If they are in a healthy relationship and being treated with love and respect then I'm happy for them. But a few of them sounded really sad. I hope their relationships got better. Everyone deserves to be happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Why the bahahaha? That sucks about the divorce. I've been through some rough break ups. My sisters divorce took 3 years. Good luck. Take care.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bahahaha!!! My ex husband (whom fathered my child) asked me to marry him as we drove past a court house one day lol!! It went like this:

Him: "Hey, you wanna get married?"

Me: "Meh, Sure"

Got married that day in the courthouse.

Made it 4 more years (we were together 2 before we married) Then he cheated, stuff went south, and I left. I'm in the process of the divorce to this day!!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:14 PM

It just pulled at my heart strings to read them. I got engaged as a teen and was in an abusive relationship. I've been through a lot and I'm much stronger now. I hope these women can learn from their mistakes and realize that they deserve better.

Quoting sfigu16: I haven't read them

Women here seem to take shit fork. Their husbands not all but from What I read , it seems that way

Quoting Anonymous:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I wouldn't call mine terrible, but there were zero bells and whistles. No romance really. It was fine with me, I have a lifetime of love to look forward to, that day of mushiness is just not important.

My ex gave me a fairy tale proposal. It was great. He was really good at the big romantic gestures to make up for all of his shittiness. Not a good trade off at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Ya I've dated a guy that did everything big and romantic. Every birthday and Holiday. The assholes are good at their game. The proposal doesn't need to be big but it shouldn't be disrespectful like some of those proposals.

Quoting Zazayam:

I wouldn't call mine terrible, but there were zero bells and whistles. No romance really. It was fine with me, I have a lifetime of love to look forward to, that day of mushiness is just not important.

My ex gave me a fairy tale proposal. It was great. He was really good at the big romantic gestures to make up for all of his shittiness. Not a good trade off at all.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:28 PM

I didn't read all of the stories in that post, but yeah unromantic is one thing, disrespectful is a whole different story.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya I've dated a guy that did everything big and romantic. Every birthday and Holiday. The assholes are good at their game. The proposal doesn't need to be big but it shouldn't be disrespectful like some of those proposals.

Quoting Zazayam:

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Mine wasnt bad, but it wasnt romantic. I never cared for the go all out big type proposal thing. The proposal only last a couple mins when i get a lifetime i get to spend with the man i love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)