Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I tell if she has lice??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My daughter has a classmate with lice (we were just told today) and my daughter has dirty blonde hair and its very long. I went through her hair and didnt see anything, I even checked the hot spots. I checked for a second time and found what looked like a white bug shaped thing.. Is that lice?? I thought they were brown. I dont see ANY eggs or anything else. I dont know if she has it or not, I am not seeing anything else and weve never had to deal with this before.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MythrylHavoc
by Data on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:18 PM
They can be whitish or grey also. I would recommend treating her.
kitty8199
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:22 PM
If you saw a bug she's got them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamamommy2009
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

wash her hair in Dr Pepper it'll kill any bugs if any, and then get a very fine toothed comb to make sure all eggs are removed. afterward until said child is removed and there is no more live problem braid her hair, put in a tight bun-anything but allow to be left loose to keep the bugs from getting abck in. good luck

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:23 PM
So you pulled a bug out of her hair? Then yes she has lice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Mayo slathered on the head covered in a shower cap all night and a robicomb.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Buy a lice zapper walgreens i did i call it the electric chair for bugs its a cool comb that shocks the life out of bug.  No need use poison i did sucked... Bought the zapper loved it lice free comb there hair speratic to make sure down side if the kids have scratching scabs it schocks there scalp and it hurts.... Good luck btw she has them 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM

could be an egg,   try buying a shower cap and vaseline..rub vaseline in your childs hair, top it with a shower cap over night, next morning, comb it out , wash with shampoo and rinse with white vinegar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)