Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies, please! Its just another day!!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:31 PM
  • 22 Replies
6 moms liked this

I am just kind of stunned at how many whining posts there are today!  Are we really so material and shallow that we are going to go on about how our spouse is thoughtless, uncaring, unimaginative, cruel, and negligent because we didn't get flowers, jewelry, or chocolate? No, he doesn't think you're fat, that's not why you didn't get chocolate. No he's not cheating because you didn' tget flowers.  People, they are MEN. Valentines Day was not invented by romantic men, it was invented by Hallmark and Teleflorist. LOL. (Im kidding, I actually know the story about the origianl St Valentine)  But come on girls, lets think abot the rest of the year, you know, the other 364 days that they are our husbands. Lets not limit showing appreciation and affection to just one day in the calender year. Stop complaining, because I promise you, my widowed grandmother would trade a million dollars worth of jewels to have my grandfather back.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You would think that the whole feminist movement never happened with the amount of women who complain they feel taken advantage of or forgotten.

orchardmoma
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:33 PM

You are right. Let's not base our  whole marriages on one day.  

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I totally and wholly concur but for some people it's hard to treat it like any other day when a majority of the population makes such a big stinkin' deal about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:36 PM

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day. So, I'm just laughing at all the whiny posts, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:38 PM
I agree and we don't usually do anything special today, but I do see where they're coming from. I'd say it's less about the actual day and more about their s/o not realizing something is important to them.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I was never much for VDay until I married the most sentimental man on the planet. He cares about birthdays, anniversaries, VDay, Pi Day, St Patty's Day...I've managed to keep Sweetest Day a secret thus far ;)

TattooedMom104
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:40 PM
All my DH does is work 12hrs a day everyday, pay our bills, and buy me whatever I want, whenever I want it. Fuckin selfish asshole didn't buy me shit today. I'm divorcing him!!! Hahaha
ARACMOM
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I wish my husband didn't do anything. Now I feel like the asshole for not doing anything, but in my defense I asked him not to after he already ordered it. I guess I'm going shopping in a bit.

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:48 PM

See, and htis is my point, if your dh is a hardworking, dedicated father and husband, why do we need a day to celebrate that?  I know you said htis in a joking manner, but too many women have what you have, and are never satified.

Quoting TattooedMom104: All my DH does is work 12hrs a day everyday, pay our bills, and buy me whatever I want, whenever I want it. Fuckin selfish asshole didn't buy me shit today. I'm divorcing him!!! Hahaha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)