Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have to admit i judged them....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

last night a couple came into the L&D floor,the wife was in active labor. i am fully admitting i judged them when they came out of the elevator,they were dressed in all black,covered in tattoos,dyed hair.....but they were the only couple that smiled the entire night. the wife smiled every time i walked in the room,and they were the sweetest people iv ever met,she had a baby girl this morning and again i judged them...i thought they were going to ask us to take the baby to the nursery but they never did even when they wanted to shower and eat they never asked for us to take her.

but yeah i fully admit i judged them,from the beginning i judged them...and i feel pretty bad about it

ETA: the reason i judged them as soon as they came out of the elevator is because every single person thats come in here that looked like them never wanted their kids in the room,they immediately told us to take them to the nursery and to only bring them back if they were hungry.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:42 PM
6 moms liked this

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Well...hopefully you learned that people can't really be judged by the clothes they wear then?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:42 PM
At least you learned not to do that again.
AZHOTMOM
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Hopefully its a lesson learned, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM

That's odd. None of those things would make think a person isn't happy, or doesn't want to be around their baby. I'm glad that you realized your judgment was wrong, but how odd to assume that based on black clothes, dyed hair, and tattoos.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM
So sad
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Lesson learned?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's odd. None of those things would make think a person isn't happy, or doesn't want to be around their baby. I'm glad that you realized your judgment was wrong, but how odd to assume that based on black clothes, dyed hair, and tattoos.

i do have to say all the people iv ever met that look like they do never wanted their children in the room with them,thats why i judged them right off the bat 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Quoting crysiann: Lesson learned?

yep

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Let me get this straight. They had their hair dyed and had tattoos so you decided that this meant that they wouldn't want their baby to be with them and that they wouldn't be nice? I have tattoos and my babies never left my side while I was in the hospital. I had pink streaks in my hair when I was fighting the court for custody of my brother. What does creative expression have to do with parenting? I hope you learned something today.

Conner

Wyatt and Tabitha

"The baby girl without a chance. A victim of circumstance. The one who ought to give up but she's just too hard headed. A single mom who works two jobs, who loves her kids and never stops, with gentle hands and the heart of a fighter. I'm a survivor"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)