Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did anyone exclusively formula feed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 171 Replies
Did you ever feel guilty about your decision?

I chose to exclusively formula feed because I was formula fed and I'm very healthy. I've never had the Flu, any serious health problem, I've never even vomited before (that I can remember), I was skinny my entire life and I graduated College with honors.

I also decided not to because I read that women with small nipples usually cannot. I didn't want to feel like a failure to be honest.

Sometimes I wish I put my fear of failure aside and tried. However, my babies are healthy as well so that helps ease the guilt!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darius-momma08
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I exclusively formula feed my son. I didn't get any milk in. Even if I did it wouldn't have made a difference I.just do not feel comfortable with me doing any way.
Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I did,I was on medicine that came thru the breast milk,the medicine would have depressed my sons heart rate. I could not take the chance as he was born with heart issues. Taking this out of the equation when he was 36 hours old he he got an infection and all oral feeds had to stop for 10 days. He lost the ability to suck,it took 3 people to feed him,one to hold him,one to hold the bottle and one to massage his checks to get him to suck.

kristen0812
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I formula fed my oldest and breastmilk fed my youngest. I've never regretted either decision.
MamaRae85
by *you're on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I did with my first after about 3 weeks. I didn't regret it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Scary! He's better now I hope??

Quoting Robin-Christine:

I did,I was on medicine that came thru the breast milk,the medicine would have depressed my sons heart rate. I could not take the chance as he was born with heart issues. Taking this out of the equation when he was 36 hours old he he got an infection and all oral feeds had to stop for 10 days. He lost the ability to suck,it took 3 people to feed him,one to hold him,one to hold the bottle and one to massage his checks to get him to suck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Nope I did a combination of bf and ff. My oldest two were bf till 3 months then ff. My youngest has been 95% bf with a bit of ff supplementing to help get his growth going.

I was fully ff as a baby because my mother got ill right after her c-section and couldn't even care for me for 2 months let alone bf.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM

My youngest was exclusively formula fed, Nutramigen.  It was clear, from birth, that he was not neurotypical and we needed to make sure we could monitor what, and how much, he was eating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this
None of your accomplishments have to do with being formula fed.
kysmama08
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I have 2 girls, one is almost 6 and the other is 7 months. Both were (are) exclusively formula fed. I could not produce milk and the whole wet nurse thing is just gross to me. They are both happy, healthy & beautiful little girls! I do not bash anyone when it comes to how you feed your children. It's the mothers choice, not anybody elses.

CheyanneW
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I exclusively FF my first 2.  Then DH convinced me to BF the 3rd.  I do not feel guilty.  There is no difference in health or intelligence between them.  I was not BF as a baby and my sister was.  I did much better in school, have no allergies and I am rarely sick.  My sister didn't do well in school, has asthma and is allergic to everything and seems to always have a cold or flu.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)