Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a day! And ps target sucks!!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:38 PM
  • 1 Replies
I get to work and the little boy I watch is acting his normal self except for a cough. So we go about our day and about 915 we get in the car to head to swim and I glance back and he just looks awful. His eyes just don't look right and he's paler than normal. I feel his forehead and he feels a bit warm and he tells me he doesn't want to go to swim so I text his mom and she and I both think its just a cold virus and I turn around to go back to the house.

He tells me he wants chicken noodle soup so we stop at target to get him some and I sit him in the big part of the basket and we start walking down the aisle towards the soup when all of a sudden he just throws up. I stop an employee and tell them where threw up and I rush to the bathroom.

I get him to the bathroom and he gets sick again and starts crying because he has puke on his clothes. I promise him I will clean him up just as soon as he is done and when he is I sit him on the changing table and go to grab paper towels and realize there are none. They have switched to the hand dryers so there is not one paper towel in the entire bathroom......

So we get home and changed and I take him to the doctor where his temp is 103.1 and they tell me he has double ear infections! He's never complained about his ears, heck even the doctor asked him if his ears hurt and he told her no.

Poor poor baby :( he just wanted me to hold him until he fell asleep.

Hopefully when he wakes up he will feel a bit better and I can get some soup on him.

I'm sure it won't do any good to explain to target that paper towels in the restroom are a good thing and I know someone will bitch because I didn't clean up the puke at target. First my top priority is monkey and he was sick so he gets my attention at the moment. Second once we were done in the bathroom my top priority was getting him in the car and taking off the pukey clothes, I wasn't going to make him sit in nasty clothes while I cleaned up puke off the floor.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
KelticLady
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM
You did the best under the circumstances. I have been there. At least you let an employee know. That's more than most. Hope he feels better soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)