Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What tablet should i buy?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM
  • 33 Replies
I want to buy my 2 year old dd a tabldt but idk which one.Any suggestions i dont want to get the ipad. I want to get.one that will be worth the money and i dont want to be spending money on apps?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom4awesomekids
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Nabi Jr. My kids love theirs!!
Mystic.Falls
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:43 PM

There are free apps if you want to get an ipad. You can also get cases for them for kids.

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM
I have a Nexus. I love it!
mitty18
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Kindle fire hd
Constant_Reader
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:47 PM
There's the samsung tab 2 or a kindle. Kindles have pretty good parental controls. Not sure about PC on the galaxy tabs though.
MizzSuzy
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Ok thanks. Do you remember the price for it??

Quoting mom4awesomekids: Nabi Jr. My kids love theirs!!
MizzSuzy
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Is it kid friendly?

Quoting momto2boys973: I have a Nexus. I love it!
Alyia72
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:54 PM

My 9 year old has a nexus she loves it so do her two year old sisters.  We got them a cheaper tablet clickn kids brand from walmart for xmas its way to slow they try to steal the nexus but then again so do I every chance I get.  You can get cases for the nexus on ebay and amazon to give them the rubber bumper in case they get dropped.  The nexus also has gorilla glass so less chance of screen cracks.  

MizzSuzy
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Ok cool thanks i will look into the nexus...:-)

Quoting Alyia72:

My 9 year old has a nexus she loves it so do her two year old sisters.  We got them a cheaper tablet clickn kids brand from walmart for xmas its way to slow they try to steal the nexus but then again so do I every chance I get.  You can get cases for the nexus on ebay and amazon to give them the rubber bumper in case they get dropped.  The nexus also has gorilla glass so less chance of screen cracks.  

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Quoting MizzSuzy: Is it kid friendly?

Quoting momto2boys973: I have a Nexus. I love it!

It's easy to use, but I wouldn't let a 2 year old use it unsupervised because he may drop it or something. Maybe a tablet meant for kids is better, now that I think about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)