Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"If I lose my job because of this stupid storm...."

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
So the guy I work with posted this on Facebook:
"If i lose my job because of this stupid storm.. Its not worth risking my life to make pretzels for people who shouldnt even be out in this mess in the first place. The driveway is packed and covered and we were able to move the car 5 feet before it got stuck. So i called work because they opened and said i cant come in today and he said okay and hung up while i was still talking." Then he and his girlfriend go on this ranting spree about how it wasn't going to get pretty if this costs him his job.

They are talking about firing him, he isnt reliable. The weather is not that bad, the roads are clear, he doesnt live that far away, and the place was packed when I left 10 minutes ago. There was a co-worker picking people up for those who didnt have a way to work, he made excuses not to be picked up. Hell, some of us spent the night at work if we knew we would have another shift in the morning.

If you were the manager would you fire him? I dont see how its the managers fault that he couldnt show up. I dont blame the managers for admitting that they need someone a bit more reliable.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:48 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Yep he made up an excuse not to come in
Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:50 PM

No.  Not for this.  If he is really unreliable, then find something else to fire him for that is not the weather. 

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM
"Its not worth risking my life to make pretzels for people who shouldnt even be out in this mess in the first place"

That made me laugh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM

My job made it clear that we could lose our job but i work at a nursing home so they had rescue squad picking the ones that needed a way to work and home, plus some of my co-workers that lived a good ways away either stayed at work or at a local motel. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)