Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gift gone wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
DH is notorious for not giving me any gifts. I don't get anything on my birthday, at Christmas, on our anniversary, and especially on Valentine's Day. I'll admit, it upsets me.

Today, I figured would be like every other 'gift giving holiday'.

We were getting ready to leave to go to SS's school Valentine's Party, when DH suddenly got a call on his phone. He said there was a work emergency and I should go to the party without him.

When SS and I got back home, DH was still at the house. I walked in the door and was immediately greeted by a wiggly puppy.

I'm shocked. I was not expecting this.

Normally, I would be thrilled. I love dogs (DH actually hates dogs), but I know I can't handle a puppy right now. My own dog is having medical issues and is scheduled for surgery next week. I'm also eight months pregnant with my first. I know I won't be able to chase around a puppy while carrying for my baby. Also, I know all the training and care of the puppy is going to be my responsibility, and I just can't do it right now.

I feel bad about complaining about a gift, especially when it's something I would normally be over the moon about. I haven't said anything to DH yet, because I don't even know what to say.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
I wanna see the puppy!
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
2 moms liked this

**scratches head**..............Well shit. That's a tough one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM

That's so very strange. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I haven't even taken a picture yet.

I know the longer it's here the more attached I'm going to get. I don't want to fill my phone with pictures of it looking cute.

:(

Quoting MamaSusieQ045: I wanna see the puppy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I call troll

Quoting Anonymous: I haven't even taken a picture yet.

I know the longer it's here the more attached I'm going to get. I don't want to fill my phone with pictures of it looking cute.

:(

Quoting MamaSusieQ045: I wanna see the puppy!
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Take a snuggle with the little guy and I bet all of those concerns will just melt away.
sweetiebell
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Awe no. I don't even know what to say to that
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM

If you say anything, you will never get another gift, either. I'd make it work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM
It is!

It took forever before we finally got my dog. I can't believe he would just go out and get a puppy.

Plus, it's very unlike him to get me a gift. He's a good DH, but he's always sucked when it comes to gifts. I don't know if he thought a puppy would make up for all the missed gifts or what.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's so very strange. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Yeah that is a tough one. A puppy and a newborn will be so hard to handle! Name the puppy your SS's? Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)