Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working tonight...shoot me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
3 moms liked this

I'm a server in a chain restaurant. 

Typically I love my job. the pay is amazing, the people are great and the guests keep it fun.

But not on Vday. It is by far the WORST day of the year to work. 

We'll get guests that have no idea how to tip, don't know the first thing about eating out or the cadence of a restaurant. 

So if you eat out tonight, take pity on your server. Because she/he is being put through hell today. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Taking your date to a chain restaurant on Valentines Day. Priceless.
Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Having forgotten that it was VDay, I suggested that we go on a date.  DH laughed and said, "Hell no, all the amateurs are out tonight, let's order pizza and stay IN."

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:22 PM
That's what we're doing tonight. I remember back in the day waiting 2 hrs to be seated at a restaurant. Screw that!

Quoting Texor:

Having forgotten that it was VDay, I suggested that we go on a date.  DH laughed and said, "Hell no, all the amateurs are out tonight, let's order pizza and stay IN."

codfish
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM
I am right there with you! I was a server and am now manager. I honestly don't know which is worse. I hate Valentine's Day....oh it is a freaking Friday on top of it!
Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM
I work as a manager at Pizza Hut and luckily have not had to work on a valentines day until tonight and I have heard it is quite busy. It's going to suck.
Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
You couldn't pay me enough to make me go to a restaurant in Valentine's Day.

Amateur night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, like I tell my staff. Coming out to our restaurant IS a treat for some people. It's not our job to judge them. Just because it wouldn't be our choice doesn't mean it shouldn't be special for them. 

Plus, as far as chain restaurants go I work for the best. 

Quoting Anonymous: Taking your date to a chain restaurant on Valentines Day. Priceless.

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Always the worse day to work in a restaurant I feel for you! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:31 PM

The last two years I got  abreak because I'm not available wednesdays and thursdays. But of course, there was no taking today off. 

Quoting codfish: I am right there with you! I was a server and am now manager. I honestly don't know which is worse. I hate Valentine's Day....oh it is a freaking Friday on top of it!

BabyBrooke13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
It's like going to a bar on st pattys day. The amateurs come out to play and screw it up for the rest of us
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)