Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Would This Cost You? (EDIT)

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:31 PM
  • 34 Replies

Mobile Photo

I'm always curious about people who live I an area and say they don't spend much.

I did shopping today ( after a Costco run earlier this week) and I still managed to spend $110 this morning.

I will say some of the cost is me "trying" to find non GMO/preservative items which has a tendency to cost more.

It's very much a work in progress.

Grocery list;

cod bites, chicken thighs, chicken breast, corn, peas, mixed veggis, edamame, 1/2 lb low sodium deli ham, 1/2 lb low sodium deli chicken, 1/2lb baby swiss cheese, 2 packs hair clips, pack of light bulbs, 2 lbs strawberries, quart of blueberries, 2lbs of ground turkey, water chestnuts, clams, bread, mixed nuts, spices, lumpia wraps, clam juice, 24 pack of cheese sticks sour cream and....oh wait, that was everything.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Can't really see what all it is. Likely less than that tho.
highlandmum
by Spunky on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:34 PM

It is hard to tell without seeing a list of what is there.

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Idk. Some of that we wouldn't buy, like the bread, string cheese, and what looks like chicken nuggets (but I can't tell).
GotSomeKids
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM

They are cod bits.  I'm not a huge fans of chicken nuggets either.  Although, my store carries a pretty good chicken nuggets, but its cheaper to get the fish.  If the kids get a hankering for them, we just make them at home.

Quoting kcangel63: Idk. Some of that we wouldn't buy, like the bread, string cheese, and what looks like chicken nuggets (but I can't tell).

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Maybe 60 - 75. But i wouldnt buy cod bites.
lalaballet
by Wrapper on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
That stuff would be at least 150 here, brand for brand.
catcameback
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM

a lot more than that! 

GotSomeKids
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I don't normally, but I thought worth a try.  The local meat departmen preps them, they aren't from a corporate place shipped from who knows where.

:)

Quoting Hanab818: Maybe 60 - 75. But i wouldnt buy cod bites.

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Cod bits? Ok, that sounds tempting. LOL!

I'm mobile so all pictures are the size of a peanut. ;)

Quoting GotSomeKids:

They are cod bits.  I'm not a huge fans of chicken nuggets either.  Although, my store carries a pretty good chicken nuggets, but its cheaper to get the fish.  If the kids get a hankering for them, we just make them at home.

Quoting kcangel63: Idk. Some of that we wouldn't buy, like the bread, string cheese, and what looks like chicken nuggets (but I can't tell).

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I just dont like cod. My dh likes fish sticks so i get those for,him when they are on sale,and i have coupons but thats about it.

Quoting GotSomeKids:

I don't normally, but I thought worth a try.  The local meat departmen preps them, they aren't from a corporate place shipped from who knows where.

:)

Quoting Hanab818: Maybe 60 - 75. But i wouldnt buy cod bites.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)