Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its Valentines day NOT CHRISTMAS

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:42 PM
  • 204 Replies
5 moms liked this

Why the hell are people buying excessive gifts for valentine's day? Seriously, some of these gifts are like Christmas.... And not even related to Valentine or love or.....

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM
14 moms liked this
Because some people believe that the more money someone spends on you, the more they love you.
An0nym0use
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM
5 moms liked this
Because we enjoy buying each other lavish gifts and another holiday helps us justify it.
Shit, we'd probably exchange gifts on Independence Day if it made sense.
thetrollcat
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM

that is just ridiculous! In my opinion V-day is about spending a little time with them, flowers are nice its a plus or sex toys or a sexy outfit is more fitting for the freaking holiday. But people are buying watches, clothes, games, electronics. WTF?

Quoting Rebecca7708: Because some people believe that the more money someone spends on you, the more they love you.

thetrollcat
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM

the idea of variation of holidays makes it fun but excessively spending is boring, but whatever

Quoting An0nym0use: Because we enjoy buying each other lavish gifts and another holiday helps us justify it.
Shit, we'd probably exchange gifts on Independence Day if it made sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
5 moms liked this
Because its an excuse to do something nice for the people they love.

FYI Christmas isnt about gift giving either.

Are all your posts going to be negative?
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

As with every other occasion, it's become a materialistic gift giving frenzy so far removed from what it was intended to be.

Mommy2Kase
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree! I get to come home to a clean house after work tonight. That excites me more than any gift I could receive.
thetrollcat
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Christmas is about GIVING, nothing wrong with GIVING.... The gift exchange is fine, but every fucking holiday? Whatever

AND YES ILL BE SO DAMN NEGATIVE ILL HAUNT YOUR DREAMS

Quoting Anonymous: Because its an excuse to do something nice for the people they love.

FYI Christmas isnt about gift giving either.

Are all your posts going to be negative?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Meh. Most of the things I gave DH were home made. SO much cheaper that way. I did his coupons and chocolate covered strawberries and cupcakes at home. I bought him a few chocolates, a sex toy, and a card and that only costed me like $30 for everything I got.

thetrollcat
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I agree and today I came home to a clean house! LOL I was more excited about that than the strawberries

Quoting Mommy2Kase: I agree! I get to come home to a clean house after work tonight. That excites me more than any gift I could receive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)