Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There are some crazies out there!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
The roads here are pretty much cleared up but there's a few patches of ice still. I had to get dog food today so off I went with my kids to get some. I accidentally ran a red light. It was barely red, no ars were in the intersection but either way I ran it. I go the other 5 miles and pull into the store. Next thing I know a SUV pulls up next to me and a woman and her husband are screaming and cussing at me. They followed me from the light I ran! They just kept cussing and yelling. Everytime I apologized and said it was an accident they got angrier. I don't know if they wanted a fight, wanted to make me cry or were just very hostile people. Thankfully I was able to keep my cool, didnt cuss or yell back but these people were screaming at me until I made it in the store. We waited in the store until they finally left and I took the long way home to make sure they weren't following me. Those people scared the crap out of my kids and had me pretty shaken up! Crazy people or do normal people really act this way?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM

It was bad to run the light (you know that and mentioned it) but it was nuts to have them follow you and yell at you!

clo1988
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Running the light was definitely bad but by the time I realized it it was too late. It was either slam the brakes and be in the middle of the intersection or go through it. I decided to keep moving because there were no cars in the intersection and a car right behind me. (They slammed their brakes) Still bad and I own up to that!

Quoting kcangel63: 0.0

It was bad to run the light (you know that and mentioned it) but it was nuts to have them follow you and yell at you!

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Sometimes stopping super fast is more dangerous.

Quoting clo1988: Running the light was definitely bad but by the time I realized it it was too late. It was either slam the brakes and be in the middle of the intersection or go through it. I decided to keep moving because there were no cars in the intersection and a car right behind me. (They slammed their brakes) Still bad and I own up to that!

Quoting kcangel63: 0.0

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:57 PM
So the light was yellow and you started to go threw it and then it turned red? Or it was red and you didn't notice it was red until too late?

If it was you being careless then yes I can understand why someone was upset. You could have gotten into an accident and hurt someone. They shouldn't have followed you and acted crazy though.
clo1988
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM
It turned red right before I hit the line. It went from yellow to red pretty much without a pause. I did officially run a red light though. I understand being angry but cornering someone in a parking lot...I don't understand it! That man was seriously acting like he was getting out of the car to kick my butt. The things he was yelling were things I would never repeat much less things my kids (6, 4 and 2) should have heard!
MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I would not have gotten out of my car, I would have went somewhere else. 

When my older son was a baby I accidently pulled out in front of someone.  They followed me to the store I was trying to go to and pulled in front of me in the parking lot and started yelling and flipping me off.  I turned around and left.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)