Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Perspective

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
10-15 years really changes it.

I used to prefer Angel, but now I really prefer Spike. Oh sure, Angel is still drool & fan-girl worthy...but I think I could spend the rest of my life with Spike.

Don't mind me, I just re-watched the entire series of Buffy this week lol. With a few Angel episodes mixed in a few important times. If you didn't get the Angel/Spike reference before this paragraph, you are truly repressed.

Hope you're all having a fantastic Valentines Day. I think I'm going to film stalk James Marsters now. Ta-Ta!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Also, after watching Bones, David Boreanez was so very young.
Bubbie0809
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM
I have always loved Oz or Giles for long term relationships.
Angel and Spike, short term flings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Short-term flings, hmm. Could I just go back and forth between the two ensouled vampires? Just a long string of short flings...

Quoting Bubbie0809: I have always loved Oz or Giles for long term relationships.

Angel and Spike, short term flings.
88-Keys
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I liked Spike better because he earned his redemption and because he wanted it, which to me presents an interesting philosophical conundrum: Spike had to earn his soul back, but the fact that he understood right/wrong and cared enough to want it back in the first place, does that prove he had one already, before it was technically restored?

I love Buffy. So, so much. The first few seasons were fun, the last few seasons though, they were surprisingly deep and morally challenging, for a show meant largely for a teen/college age audience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I never got into Buffy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Add in the fact that one night with Angel & you'll wake up with Angelus fang deep. Ensouled Spike can keep going..and going.. Can you imagine his stamina? *sigh* Plus he likes it rough.

Quoting 88-Keys:

I liked Spike better because he earned his redemption and because he wanted it, which to me presents an interesting philosophical conundrum: Spike had to earn his soul back, but the fact that he understood right/wrong and cared enough to want it back in the first place, does that prove he had one already, before it was technically restored?

I love Buffy. So, so much. The first few seasons were fun, the last few seasons though, they were surprisingly deep and morally challenging, for a show meant largely for a teen/college age audience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM
I am so, so sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never got into Buffy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

I like my vampire shows with sex in them and since this is a WB program (correct?) there probably isn't much sex. 

Quoting Anonymous: I am so, so sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never got into Buffy. 

Bubbie0809
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:01 PM
I do like Angelus, evil or not, he was just fun. Now I want go go watch all the Angelus eps of both shows, but the kids will be home soon :(

Quoting Anonymous: Add in the fact that one night with Angel & you'll wake up with Angelus fang deep. Ensouled Spike can keep going..and going.. Can you imagine his stamina? *sigh* Plus he likes it rough.

Quoting 88-Keys:

88-Keys
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM

That too, that's always a bonus.

I just never thought Angel really earned his soul. He was punished with it. Now, granted, I never did get into watching the spin-off, so I don't know what he was all about past his departure from Buffy, but I always preferred Spike because he was real (you KWIM) and because he changed himself and earned his redemption and soul.

Quoting Anonymous: Add in the fact that one night with Angel & you'll wake up with Angelus fang deep. Ensouled Spike can keep going..and going.. Can you imagine his stamina? *sigh* Plus he likes it rough.

Quoting 88-Keys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)