Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did it become acceptable

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
To find out that friends and even worse family have passed away on Facebook? My husband's grandfather passed away and instantly people were posting before all of his children had even been notified.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
88-Keys
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Solution to any and all Facebook drama, annoyances or woes: stop using Facebook. Sign out. Click the X in the upper right-hand corner.

Problem solved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM
If you found out one of your parents passed away on social media you wouldnt be upset?

Quoting 88-Keys:

Solution to any and all Facebook drama, annoyances or woes: stop using Facebook. Sign out. Click the X in the upper right-hand corner.

Problem solved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Ugh that's so freaking tacky. Through text is bad too. When my best friend died I had like six people text it to me. Thank God another of our friends got to me in person to tell me before I opened my phone...
AshEiler
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM

So awful how people get more personal on Facebook than they do with actual people. :/

Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

FB has taken away any social etiquette I'm afraid.

When my sister got engaged she ask people NOT to say anything on FB until she announced it. 

It's sad that this is not just common courtesy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM
That's sad. I hate when people post something personal on FB. Like someone posted pictures of my mom at the hospital sick as heck. That made me mad.
Jasminemomof3
by Mrs. Ali on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM
I found someone who was a second mother to me had died and they posted it on fb... Really? A call couldn't suffice?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:57 PM

we have got hurt from facebook, two of my hubbys childhood friend unfriended him because of petty reasons

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM

my brother who is supposed to be engaged is flirting with hundreds of women on facebook, jerk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)