Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what says I love you more to you?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM
  • 12 Replies

Today is suppose to be all about how your husband/ special someone shows their love to you{and you in return.} I have read many post ranging from flowers, to chocolates, someone got $200{wow nice!} phones, laptops the list goes on.....so my question is this what action, or gift does it take for some one to express how they feel about you?

All of those things listed above I have to admit sound very nice, very lucky ladies but I think I trump you. here is why. Normally I am rushing home to cook dinner for a family of 4, cleaning house, picking kids up from daycare, and at some point crashing in the bed.. to show how much my husband loves me he has told me he is taking care of dinner tonight-AND cleaning up afterward- do you know how much that means for him to do that for me? simple i am sure but it means so much to me.

well are you gonna get him such and such? actually my husband hates those truffles in heart boxes, and not a fan of flowers, so I made him something he gets once a year and loves-white chocolate strawberries drizzled in milk chocolate and chocolate shells filled with cheese cake. ( he has already found them in the fridge and has been fighting not to eat them he is really excited about them lol) no it is not a lot if you price it but it is a lot because of what it means between us.  to me that is what love is :)

what about you? what says I love you to you?

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamamommy2009
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM

BUMP!

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband pretty much spoils me year round so we don't celebrate valentines day all that much. A sweet card is really all I need to get all mushy so he's good :) that's great your husband is helping out!
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

For me, it's when DH remembers something special TO ME.

For example, he's bombarded with roses and expensive flower options this time of year, but my favorite flower is the lily.  If he got me a bouquet of lillies it'd feel more special than a dozen roses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I am a low maintenance kind of gal....

I find it romantic when he gets my oil changed and get the tires rotated and stuff.  Shows he cares about my safety. 

That kind of stuff.

SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

bamamommy2009
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:16 PM

very nice and it does say that he cares about your safety!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a low maintenance kind of gal....

I find it romantic when he gets my oil changed and get the tires rotated and stuff.  Shows he cares about my safety. 

That kind of stuff.

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
We just make a nice dinner and spend the evening being a family. But we do love chocolate and wine, so we splurge tonight with those special treats as well. My favorite gift is time with my family, but I'll take any excuse to drink too much wine and eat too much chocolate:)
bamamommy2009
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

totally love this!

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
His little mushy I love you texts throughout the day everyday.
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh and I don't celebrate valentines but I feel very loved when my kids come running to me to give me stuff they made in school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)